Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Jtavis's Avatar
Jtavis Jtavis is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Miami, OK
Posts: 5
Default Replacement Coiled Cord for Killer B's

I'm wanting to know if anyone knows where to buy a new cord for my killer b headphones, I would rather not send them off and just replace it myself. Extended its 9 ft long and has a 90 degree male plug on the end .

__________________
CTX 3030 - TRX Bullseye - Wader Li

2017 Stats - 9 Silvers 1 Indian Head 1 Ring

Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 03-11-2018, 11:24 PM
coin chaser's Avatar
coin chaser coin chaser is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: illinois,chicago suburbs
Posts: 2,795
Default

Originally Posted by Jtavis View post
I'm wanting to know if anyone knows where to buy a new cord for my killer b headphones, I would rather not send them off and just replace it myself. Extended its 9 ft long and has a 90 degree male plug on the end .
Look on eBay. They have military grade for like 10 or 15 bucks. You will need to order the end for them though but they are only a few bucks.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 03-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Gauntlet's Avatar
Gauntlet Gauntlet is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South of Graceland
Posts: 2,687
Default

Originally Posted by Jtavis View post
I'm wanting to know if anyone knows where to buy a new cord for my killer b headphones, I would rather not send them off and just replace it myself. Extended its 9 ft long and has a 90 degree male plug on the end .
Is there visible damage to the cord?

If not...

Silly question.....have you tried a different set of 'phones to be sure the trouble isn't in your MD?

The cord you're wanting isn't easy to come by, I'd spent a fair bit of time searching a few years ago. Might even email Killer B, see if they'd sell you a cord.

Or, just buy a straight-plug cord and a 1/4" 90 degree adapter (male x female) if you can't live with the straight plug.

If you find the cord you're looking for, post-up where you got it, as long as it isn't the cost of a new set of 'phones

Good luck!

__________________
Tesoro: Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola with GB mod, and Compadre (with coil swap and 3-D mods).
Fisher: 1265X

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 AM
SkiWhiz's Avatar
SkiWhiz SkiWhiz is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 8,347
Default

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
Is there visible damage to the cord?

If not...

Silly question.....have you tried a different set of 'phones to be sure the trouble isn't in your MD?

The cord you're wanting isn't easy to come by, I'd spent a fair bit of time searching a few years ago. Might even email Killer B, see if they'd sell you a cord.


Or, just buy a straight-plug cord and a 1/4" 90 degree adapter (male x female) if you can't live with the straight plug.

If you find the cord you're looking for, post-up where you got it, as long as it isn't the cost of a new set of 'phones

Good luck!
I have built a number of headphones and you are correct it is not easy finding the "proper" cords.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 03-15-2018, 11:10 PM
OBN's Avatar
OBN OBN is offline
OldCherryPicker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,452
Default

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WORKMAN-MIL...sAAOSwGvhUKhjx

Been using these for several years now, Yet to have any fails...I double up on the leads also.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #6  
Old 03-17-2018, 03:13 PM
Parkerized Parkerized is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5
Default

Would a guitar cable such as this work? (Maybe not this color though)

https://www.amazon.com/Mugig-Instrum...ly+guitar+cord
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 03-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Gauntlet's Avatar
Gauntlet Gauntlet is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South of Graceland
Posts: 2,687
Default

Originally Posted by Parkerized View post
Would a guitar cable such as this work? (Maybe not this color though)

https://www.amazon.com/Mugig-Instrum...ly+guitar+cord
Plug shows it would be a mono cord, so, nope.

__________________
Tesoro: Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola with GB mod, and Compadre (with coil swap and 3-D mods).
Fisher: 1265X

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 03-20-2018, 09:37 PM
Jeff in Georgia's Avatar
Jeff in Georgia Jeff in Georgia is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 531
Default

Originally Posted by OBN View post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WORKMAN-MIL...sAAOSwGvhUKhjx

Been using these for several years now, Yet to have any fails...I double up on the leads also.
Aren't these kind of short for most headphone uses?
Most of the common brands use 10 - 12 foot versions and those seem too short to me.
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 03-26-2018, 09:24 PM
OBN's Avatar
OBN OBN is offline
OldCherryPicker
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,452
Default

Originally Posted by Jeff in Georgia View post
Aren't these kind of short for most headphone uses?
Most of the common brands use 10 - 12 foot versions and those seem too short to me.
These are just about the same as detector pro uses on there land and water HP's and maybe a little bigger. They will go 5 to 6 foot easy. Just as long as the GG NDT's pictured.



I have repaired several land and water head phones but never seen much of a difference in length. Here is a set of my head phones next to some Gray Ghost land head phones..
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 04-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Silversmith45's Avatar
Silversmith45 Silversmith45 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 9,951
Default

Ski Whiz is great at building headphones. He could probably repair them for you.

__________________
CZ-6 Original Silver Sabre Tek Delta Oldest coins 1855 French Dix Centimes 1871 IH 1877cc Seated Liberty Dime 1888 V Nickel

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.