Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Forum Help & Announcements

Old 10-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by joe dert View post
I think my post was misunderstood..I agree with rules..I just think they should be more strict..like a criminal background check for selling anything..that might be the best way to weed out the dirtbags..no system is perfect but that combined with a waiting/posting rule may help..
They could also have finger printing and blood tests.

Members of Friendly Metal Detecting Forums have rated post 2167080 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 AM
"Can Do" Moderator

Originally Posted by Kemper View post
They could also have finger printing and blood tests.
See you are up early and stirring the pot!!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by joe dert View post
I think my post was misunderstood..I agree with rules..I just think they should be more strict..like a criminal background check for selling anything..that might be the best way to weed out the dirtbags..no system is perfect but that combined with a waiting/posting rule may help..
How much do you think we could charge for membership so we can defray the cost of the criminal background check and perhaps the fingerprinting program as suggested?

Should this be done annually?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The one lesson we've learned from history is that
we have not learned any of history's lessons.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Elite Member

A forum should not fully monitor buyer and seller protection, we have tools like paypal to do that for us. Sending as "gift" to avoid fees is putting your money at risk. If people understand paypal = anti-scam protection, the forum doesn't need to do anything else. However, I do agree with the current post count to start creating classifieds. A few suggestions I do have in mind (as I noted earlier) are verified sellers, and maybe some more mods to clean classifieds up quick.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:09 PM

I agree with Park Hunter on most of those points, especiallythe parts about Paypal and needing more moderators. There is too much work and not enough staff.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:41 PM

the rules that are in are good enup for me

Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 AM

Default Not allowed to buy either!

So we cant even buy or post a want to buy thread either under these new/old rules? Seems like that could knock the forum sponsors/dealers out of a good bit of business. I didn't see anything in the rules about this but had a couple threads deleted.

Sometime ago, this forum had a rule about who could post items for sale, or trade, or auction

Therefore, effectively as of the date of this posting, we will reinstate the old rule. Sellers/Traders/Auctioneers will need to have been members for six months and have logged 200 significant posts before they can use the classifieds

Old 10-10-2014, 09:04 AM
"Can Do" Moderator

Our Sponsors can sell to whomever they want. The Classifieds are for the private members to sell or buy their own personal used equipment.
If you are outside the Rule Limits, you can not "Start" a WTB thread, but you can post in a seller's thread "Asking" to buy. It is up to the seller if they want to sell to the person or not.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Elite Member

Look at the bright side, the extra time might force some members to actually LEARN their machines before giving up on them and selling them so fast.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:14 AM

Talking

I'm with BwLarge, I have been a member since 2011. Have bought and sold here. Don't post much either here or on any of the other forums that I am a member of. It's funny how when a new treasure hunting website is open, they want everyone to join and there are really no worries about who joins and how many posts you have or whatever, Then after there are a bunch of members they start enforcing or making new rules. I understand about the scammers and things as I have been scammed a few times, but the reality of it all is that one has to be careful anywhere you go on the internet and the rules are not going to keep the scammers out. I would suggest a feedback forum to post warnings or names of scammers, and not to keep the ones that have been members for years from using the services that we joined to use in the first place. Just like buying guns. They pass all these laws to keep criminals from getting them but the only people that are being kept from buying them are the responsible citizens. The criminals could care less about laws and rules etc. Just my 2c

Old 11-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Exclamation

We know that members with long tenure but short on post count have been inconvenienced by having the forum revert to its old rule of 6 months membership tenure and 200 significant posts. We are sincerely sorry for that. On the positive side however, we have not had any members getting ripped off since the old rule went back into effect.

That is not to say that we should all feel foolishly safe and not be prudent in our forum transactions, but we can all breathe a little easier.

The one lesson we've learned from history is that
we have not learned any of history's lessons.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Freshwater Shark

I am frustrated that I got a negative that I can't even put a comment on to rebut. I sent the part. I have UPS tracking to prove it. I sent a mod the proof and I did all I can.

The buyer NEVER told me he didn't get it, we talked on the phone a few times. He stopped answering emails and posted a negative thread about me and put a negative on Itrader and both are visible for all to see.

So it appears I scammed someone which is FAR from the truth, but I have no right to add a comment to Itrader. This has been frustrating to me.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:50 PM

Hey at least you didn't get scammed AND get a negative iTrader rating... lol

Old 11-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Global Moderator

Default Scube

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
I am frustrated that I got a negative that I can't even put a comment on to rebut. I sent the part. I have UPS tracking to prove it. I sent a mod the proof and I did all I can.

The buyer NEVER told me he didn't get it, we talked on the phone a few times. He stopped answering emails and posted a negative thread about me and put a negative on Itrader and both are visible for all to see.

So it appears I scammed someone which is FAR from the truth, but I have no right to add a comment to Itrader. This has been frustrating to me.
With 5000+ posts and the fact that you well known in this community should not deter other entrenched members from buying or selling from/to you.
It is unfortunate that someone gave you a bad mark. That is why I included this point in my thread that heads the classified sub-forums.

>Do not go directly to I-trader with negative feedback when you are angry. Give it some time. Unfortunate things happen to good people. Bad communication, or lack of communication is usually the culprit here. If a deal goes bad there will be time to express your opinion. Undoing negative feedback will not undo bad feelings.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Freshwater Shark

Originally Posted by grinsebring View post
With 5000+ posts and the fact that you well known in this community should not deter other entrenched members from buying or selling from/to you.
It is unfortunate that someone gave you a bad mark. That is why I included this point in my thread that heads the classified sub-forums.

>Do not go directly to I-trader with negative feedback when you are angry. Give it some time. Unfortunate things happen to good people. Bad communication, or lack of communication is usually the culprit here. If a deal goes bad there will be time to express your opinion. Undoing negative feedback will not undo bad feelings.
So is there absolutely NO chance a REBUTTAL space can be made so the next person that looks at your negative can see your side of the story?

Old 11-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Administrator

So is there absolutely NO chance a REBUTTAL space can be made so the next person that looks at your negative can see your side of the story?
Just post on his I-Trader you side of the issue...

Banned Spammers 763

Old 11-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Elite Member

Come on admins.

This is the wrong purpose of iTrader.
If Scuba did nothing wrong, delete the bad feedback given to him. Why hurt his credibility when he is clearly honest and fine for the classifieds. iTrader is to protect users and serve as accurate feedback, this isn't accurate. Why tell him to leave negative feedback in retaliation? Just delete the BS and let Scuba maintain 100% like he should. Why is that such an issue with this forum?

Old 11-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Freshwater Shark

Originally Posted by Cfmct View post
Just post on his I-Trader you side of the issue...
Yea, people will read that as much as they read rules. BUT I understand that is the way it has to be done here. I won't post any more stuff for sale.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ParkHunter View post
Come on admins.

This is the wrong purpose of iTrader.
If Scuba did nothing wrong, delete the bad feedback given to him. Why hurt his credibility when he is clearly honest and fine for the classifieds. iTrader is to protect users and serve as accurate feedback, this isn't accurate. Why tell him to leave negative feedback in retaliation? Just delete the BS and let Scuba maintain 100% like he should. Why is that such an issue with this forum?

the member in question said he did not receive the items... there is nothing we can do... all Bob can try is to contact the owners of the forum.

Banned Spammers 763

Old 11-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Elite Member

Yea, people will read that as much as they read rules. BUT I understand that is the way it has to be done here. I won't post any more stuff for sale.
Now he won't post things for sale. See why this flawed system doesn't work? Not the iTrader itself, but the way it is administrated.

Craig, you and any other admin can delete the feedback.