• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

STERLING A.W. watch case, Silver Q. and ...

rick-n-ns

Great day today, found a "new" patch of dirt I knew had a house on, found the owner, and after agreeing to split the "gold" 50/50 we were off.

Dug a ton, well a couple of pounds anyway of junk, before the sterling watch part showed up, was a nice surprise, as I have found many watch parts over the years, but never a real silver or gold piece. Was hoping to find the rest of it but never did.

Other finds included a 1954 canadain silver quarter, a crotal bell (that I gave to the owner) A "SPEED THE PLOUGH" HP token from PEI, and a coll item I though might be a hat badge with the crown on top and all, but is a Victorian Jubilee 1897 pin, pretty cool. My hunting buddy got his first old copper, and was happy for that.

Yes the copper is rough, but one I haven't found before so I'm happy that it is atleast IDable.

Great day in the dirt.
Owner gave me a heads up that there will be a DEP plow this fall, and a few goddies might just show up. Honesty, and sharing finds led to this information, and the invitation to come back.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good Deal! Looks like you dug a flag finial

That is a logical guess, but my thought was a horse hame topper ? Since it is completly straight you may be right, and I may be wrong, as the ones I've seen usually have a bit of a curve to them,,, I don't know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom