Advise on buying 2nd metal detector. Surf, salt water beach, parks..etc

InShepherdsArms

Elite Member
Looking to buy my second detector in a few months. I really want to try some surf detecting at the beach this summer and I need a detector that can handle both the salt water, wet sand and dry sand. I also would like to search parks as well. I've been looking at the garrett at pro and tesoro tiger shark. Not sure which one to get or if I should be looking at something else. My budget is under $1000.

What is your main detector? If you are planning on hunting salt water AND parks you're probably better off with two (different types of) detectors unless you want to spring for something like the CTX.

What is your main detector? If you are planning on hunting salt water AND parks you're probably better off with two (different types of) detectors unless you want to spring for something like the CTX.

I actually just started detecting a few weeks ago. I'm currently using a tracker 4.

Used Excalibur, or new CZ21 or Beach Hunter ID300 are your choices.

Exactly. Stay away from the PI units unless you like digging iron.

I didn't like the Beachhunter. It's fine, but nothing more. The ID lights are hard to see and depth is mediocre, and the coil floats. I tried it in a trashy scenario and it was awful. It would have been less work to use a sifter and shovel.

Back
Top Bottom