Deleting Peoples Threads

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
It must be nice to have the power to delete peoples threads just because YOU think its not suitable! Nothing I Put was Over the edge as YOU would call it! Isn't that what the EVERYTHING ELSE SECTION is for!!!!!!

There is the 'no politics' rule. I checked at recently deleted threads and I think that a thread about death sentences qualifies as politics.

Voriax

That thread was of a political nature... Are you really surprised?

Lol I was about to comment but it disappeared. :lol:

There was ONLY news in that story, it was construed as political because a "bill" was introduced by a "politician". And I would bet that the Mod that pulled it was anti-capitol punishment...

There was ONLY news in that story, it was construed as political because a "bill" was introduced by a "politician". And I would bet that the Mod that pulled it was anti-capitol punishment...

Political leanings had nothing to do with why it was pulled other than our rules..

?????????

It's a blanket rule, it has to be.
All the rules are, if they are going to mean anything.

If political was the problem, (I see now it was not), no such thing as a little bit political or a lot...it just is.

I had a joke deleted once because it just "leaned" toward the political.

Funny as all get out too!

But it was gone and I got a PM from a mod explaining why...a nice one, too.

So fine, that's the rule so no big deal.

I have seen the mods edit some posts and threads when they can and leave them up...so they try to be as fair as possible.

Years ago I came to the realization that if I ever felt like getting into an argument with somebody...pretty near a 100% chance, just talk about religion or politics and that should do it.

I assume that's why all of these rules are in place, and there are so many other sites where all this stuff can be posted and discussed, anyway.

...there are so many other sites where all this stuff can be posted and discussed, anyway.

Absolutely. I like this forum because I feel like I can come here and not get my blood pressure up, or I can let my son check it out without me having to hover over him. I don't have any idea what happened in your thread, JB, but I have to come to the defense of the mods and admins here. I think they let a lot of things slide that surprise me from time to time. And I don't think that they take their responsibilities lightly. Look at the grief they get when they actually do take some action.

Why because Florida's bringing back certain death sentences?

It must be nice to have the power to delete peoples threads just because YOU think its not suitable! Nothing I Put was Over the edge as YOU would call it! Isn't that what the EVERYTHING ELSE SECTION is for!!!!!!

Since I am the one that pulled your post and since you've decided to "vent" about it to the forum members at large, I'll call your attention to the following passages in our rules:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/announcement.php?f=8

MetalDetectingForum.com reserves the right to remove/edit any posts it finds unsuitable, unfriendly, or controversial

#1. Keep Posts in Good Taste and Respect Others
- This is a family friendly forum. Do not post distasteful, obscene, violent, abusive, harassing or intimidating messages, pictures or links.
- Posts that disrupt the friendly flow of the forum will be deleted.

Opening a thread on the death penalty is not a family oriented topic. It is violent and many will find it distasteful. That is why I decided to pull it. It had nothing to do with any political overtones, nor wether or not I am in favor of the death penalty.

As I also said on my PM to you, feel free to bring up a complaint with Vlad or Carol if you think I am being unfair to you in the application of our Terms of Service, since it is our Terms of Service that gives me the power to delete your post.

Whatever, I can see myself not being here much longer.. And I am sure MANY members here know where I'M coming from. But I guess it really doesn't matter does it! I think Im gonna go visit my buddies site! Yeah The one you guys BANNED!

Don't take it so personal JB. I enjoy seeing your finds and big ring finds. So the mods didn't like your thread, its not the end of the world. I personally like being able to come here and get away from alot of the real world stuff and just read about peoples finds and some humor every once in a while. I have enjoyed seeing your pics and I enjoy your enthusiasm when you post a great find. Don't take it to heart, the mods have a job to do.

G2M

Back
Top Bottom