Dell Dude

RyanChappell

Elite Member
Remember the Dell Dude? "Man you could have gotten a Dell!" He got arrested so Dell pulled the plug on him.

Microsoft should have gotten someone to act like the Dell Dude in commercials, and associate him with the Apple guy. "Oh yeah I don't work for Dell any more. I have Apples now." Show him hanging out with the hip Apple guy like they are up to no good! Then a smarter, cooler version of the PC guy says, "To each his own" or something. I never see those Apple commercials anymore.

Bite your tongue! :grin:

I am an Apple user and have quite a bit of Apple stock I bought back when it was $39 a share.

Bite your tongue! :grin:

I am an Apple user and have quite a bit of Apple stock I bought back when it was $39 a share.

I am glad you did well on Apple stock!

My only problem with Apple is that they lock down the iPhone too much. You can't just insert a memory card, or even connect it to your PC and just drag MP3s into it. You have to use iTunes. You can't even really see what is on the memory in the thing.

I am glad I got a Droid, but there are so many of them out there do your homework first. I guess that is what Apple is a place for people to get a computer or phone they don't have to think about. I buy a PC because I like thinking about their inner workings. To each his own.

I admire the quality of hardware Apple uses across the board in all of their devices, but these are items designed to be obsolete and uncool in 6 months to 2 years anyway, so hardware up to military specs is not really any help.

It was/is really cool how the Apple notebook PCs chassis were/are being made out one piece of solid Aluminium. Pretty cool.

I am glad you did well on Apple stock!

My only problem with Apple is that they lock down the iPhone too much. You can't just insert a memory card, or even connect it to your PC and just drag MP3s into it. You have to use iTunes. You can't even really see what is on the memory in the thing.

I am glad I got a Droid, but there are so many of them out there do your homework first. I guess that is what Apple is a place for people to get a computer or phone they don't have to think about. I buy a PC because I like thinking about their inner workings. To each his own.

I admire the quality of hardware Apple uses across the board in all of their devices, but these are items designed to be obsolete and uncool in 6 months to 2 years anyway, so hardware up to military specs is not really any help.

It was/is really cool how the Apple notebook PCs chassis were/are being made out one piece of solid Aluminium. Pretty cool.

That "closedness" is also what makes them so darn stable and bulletproof.
On the computer side, things are much more open and if that's not enough, you can launch the Terminal program and start typing at the Unix shell prompt. Afterall, underneath the Mac OS is Berkeley Unix.

As far as build quality, my two laptops are 5 years old and running like champs, a feat hard to match by Windows PC manufacturers.

My toshiba laptop is going 5 years, bought it when I graduated from Basic training,still runs as good as the day I got it. As long as you take care of them, and keep them updated, any pc/mac will last a long time.

Not a Mac user, but they are extremely stable because the software is written specifically for mac os or ios etc..but yes, very restrictive (especially iphone), which is good for most users. Most users will use their phone for apps, moving music and emailing/texting/talking.
Techie nerd geeks (ahem...) like to do things like root their phone, try different ROMs, change boot screens and all kinds of other fun stuff...

PC's have 400 different configurations and just as many hardware choices.

Best solution if you can't afford/don't want a Mac? buy pc, wipe windows, linux, done.

I've been using Mac for over 10 years and NEVER had a virus that I'm aware of. ;)

Parallels allows me to run PC programs as well.

I havent had a Dell last longer than 3 years before they end up crapping out. My HP fried beginning this past summer, currently using a Sony Vaio about 5 years old and runs like a champ.

I havent had a Dell last longer than 3 years before they end up crapping out. My HP fried beginning this past summer, currently using a Sony Vaio about 5 years old and runs like a champ.

The capacitors in the Dell mother boards go bad all the time, and the results vary from a dead PC to just plain running slow. So you think that the PC is old and slow, but really it should be running faster, very convenient for Dell, the people just buy new dells. They settled a class action lawsuit over this.

You can replace the capacitors on it, and you might get a few more years out of it.

Also, maybe small form factor cases are not a good idea, not enough fans power and room to dissipate the heat in the SFF Optiplex 620s, the 745s added a fan on the HD, which helped. The MB company saved a whole dollar or two on capacitors, and used ones that can't take the heat in a SFF case. Not a good idea, unless you want them to die just out of warranty so the customers will repeat business.

Back
Top Bottom