Club Guy or Lone Wolf?

Musketman

Elite Member
I see a lot of you guys are member of detecting clubs and that's cool but for me, I like the hobby because I can go out all by myself. I was wondering how many of you are lone wolves like me.

I hunt alone. But wish I had a partner, I even got a extra metal detector in case a friend wants to come along. No luck yet.

Lone wolf... except for when I beach detect in NC... then my daughter's father-in-law and I detect together. He introduced me to this hobby... RickO

It really depends on my mode I guess. If I'm going to take the E-Trac to the city park I prefer to go by myself. Main reason being I go slow and I find the goods. My buddies don't find anything but clad when they go so they don't have any fun there.

On the weekends I hunt with my buddies. After 30+ years of detecting I've found just about everything I could imagine. Now I get a bigger thrill watching someone else pull a good target than pulling one myself.

Lone wolf like you. I find I can concentrate more, dig more, go when I want this way. Steve in so az

I think I am a Lone Wolf by necessity. When I started this hobby in high school, I had a friend who detected so we went out together all the time. Now I am solo for the reason I don't know any other detectorists in the town and there is no club here. I think the nearest club is an hour away. I do enjoy solo hunting, especially early in the morning before the majority of the city is awake, but I do know that if I met a personable person and we got along well, I would partner up more than I do now.

HH!

Geo

Lone wolf... I have one friend that I have known for years that I go detecting with sometimes. I have enjoyed hunting with my buddy though because it breaks up the monotony.

Usually though I hunt alone, as that was the whole point of the hobby, to have a hobby where I could just get away from it all. When I am detecting the world doesn't exist. The only thing I think about is what I am doing at the time... :)

Basically I'm the lone wolf type. Haven't been detecting very long so I don't really know what the new season will hold. My son-in-law got a new detector for Christmas and my statis on this might change a little, heh, heh!

I hunt alone also. I think its more relaxing and I really enjoy the downtime. Occationally, My girlfriend tags along and she really thinks its a cool hobby. You don't find a lot of people my age (late 20's) into this hobby so as you can imagine, none of my friends are interested. That's ok though, more treasure for me!!:egyptian:

Lone wolf here mostly. Occasionally my son goes with me but he's away at college so we don't get much time to hunt. Once my wife and I retire we plan on MDing together allot though. Looking to "snowbird" to Arizona and detect from Gold Basin down through Wickenburg area for gold, coins, and meteorites, then spend the other half of the year here in Washington State dredging and detecting for gold. Also doing research on old homesteads and such around my area for possible coins and treasures.

HH,
Cors
X-Terra 70, 5x10 and 6" HF coils
Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill :tiphat:

I usually go detecting by myself. The few times I went with someone else we just went about our business as if we were alone anyway. And the guys from the club did the same thing. I guess its just not conducive to social interaction until the hunt is over.

Lone Wolf and prefer it. I really concentrate and enjoy the woods and solitude. Period! Never had a MD buddy yet. My brother is thinking of getting an MD this spring. We are fishing buddies that go way back so I know that we would get along for sure, but anyone else no. I know we would sure cover a lot of sites! Just like fishing!! Anyone else would be a distraction.

Lone wolf

I always detect alone. I don't mind showing someone new how it's done but when that's over i have to be able to concentrate.

Lone Wolf.

Tried the club thing but it seemed that they were primarily interested in planted hunts.

I'd like to have a hunting buddy but haven't been able to find one.

I hunt alone. The closest club to me is still an hour away and I can't justify pay club dues when I am unable to participate regularly.

I've been to another club's open hunt and had a really good time and met some nice people but again, too far away for me to justify the dues for limited participation.

Lone Wolf... for the most part. If I go to the beach (which I usually do) it's early and the wife isn't a morning person. If I go later in the day she'll go just to hangout on the beach. She's into the neat finds that I'm coming up with but swingin' a coil just isn't her thing. I'd like to be in a club for meetings and social get-togethers but wouldn't care for club hunts from the sounds of it. I would (and do) hunt with a partner when we can get our schedules to mesh.

Back
Top Bottom