What kind of ring? Army?

Larshj

Hello,

Im a new member.

Just found a ring digging in a park in Norway. Anyone know what it is and if it’s real? Googled around and could find anything similar. It’s silver... looks like it’s been in the dirt for some time..

https://m.imgur.com/a/QH4sByO

QH4sByO

It says United States Army on the top of the ring...Looks like the real deal to me. There are so many different styles but it looks like its from WW11.

Anything in the area to give you an idea of the age/how old it might be?

Possibly from WWII?

It says United States Army on the top of the ring...Looks like the real deal to me. There are so many different styles but it looks like its from WW11.

Thanks for reply, it says “army of the United States”. Most rings I find online says “United States Army”.

Anything in the area to give you an idea of the age/how old it might be?

Possibly from WWII?

Hi. Thanks for reply

Don’t know.. nothing more than found in a park. There is a prison there in service in and after ww2. Couldn’t find a similar online, thought it might be a copy of some sort, but by the weight and size it’s silver and partial silver mark stamped..

Usually, as you left the post, there would be all kinds of stores trying to get the soldier's money. That's where you usually found those rings. So most likely it was a keepsake the soldier bought. The "Great Seal" came along in 1903 and still in use today.

Usually, as you left the post, there would be all kinds of stores trying to get the soldier's money. That's where you usually found those rings. So most likely it was a keepsake the soldier bought. The "Great Seal" came along in 1903 and still in use today.

Thanks for your knowledge,

Then it’s most likely a memorabilia of some sort..

Back
Top Bottom