• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally making a MD Harness

DbblTap

Elite Member
I tried to find this topic I started a while back but could not to add to it.

Since I know right now o will be spending some major time in the water MD in bays and oceans, I dug in and hot working on the idea of making a harness.

I just ordered a Mollie vest. Their cheap and easy to adapt. I am looking for pouches for them for typical store water bottles and a trash pouch. I am trying to figure out how to attach my Garrett bag that I already use right now to it. I will add a small waterproof first aid kit somehow, a place to keep a 2 way radio and a few other items on the inside to ensure my MD is safe for me at all times.

The other thing I am liking about this vest idea right now is that i can wet it down with cold water on a hot day to keep comfortable.

I also may make this and not like it but right now I see all positive things to it.

What do you think?

GLHH!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Just found and ordered a water bottle holder that holds a store water bottle. A canteen would be alot of water to lug and heavy when I am almost always around my car or a mile away.

I should be getting the vest this Thursday. I know they have inside pockets and hope to secure something in there for when I am walking far away from people.

Looking to hang a small shovel too somehow.

You're on the right track. I used a pistol belt with a set of USGI suspenders for a few years. There's a little ring on the suspenders that I put a piece of nylon strap through and attached to the metal detector with a plastic hook. It worked really well.

Tomorrow morning on a beach I will be testing out my MD vest. I got some Mollie pouches to hold stuff like a GPS, A two way radio, a trash bag , water bottle holder and a folding shovel.

I will attach my MD to it somehow.

Here is my MD vest I put together. The left picture shows it all. The middle picture shows a bunji cord to keep my MD close. The right picture shows my GPS, my large trash pouch and under my Entrenchment tool pouch. On the inside is too moldable to my body to put anything other then a knife. I like to carry "Something" at all times when I MD BUT there are just places it's not worth the Hassel like a beach and Police crawling all over the place.

Any advice on what to add to it?

GLHH!
50993a32b2485f7ef8b0d0e21174e8b2.jpg
bfbc920d6eab09f0bf1dfa2f829c8d1b.jpg
33abacccf3c60cd5c92566f170558891.jpg

Flashlight, sunscreen and bug spray. I don't carry any of that, but there has been several times I wish I did. I have started leaving a found cheap, but sturdy lock blade knife in my finds pouch that has really come in handy as a screw driver, hammer, prybar and digger. Things I would never do with a decent knife.

Funny you said bug spray. I found a tick on my white tee-shirt I was wearing the other day. Better half screamed without telling me about it. I think she scared the life out of the tick.

Back
Top Bottom