"Permission to Detect on Private Property" My version..

sunder62

Forum Supporter
This is a version of "PERMISSION TO METAL DETECT ON PRIVATE PROPERTY" that I edited from GeorgiaJay with his permission. Feel free to adapt and edit as you like :yes:

* The Detectorist should have a copy of our ethics code and a business card with their contact info stapled to it. This gives way to legality, not TOO much about finds, and allows for future MD'ing contacts :cool:

Attachments

• Permission.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 910
Scott - I'm a newbie in corpus christi and was wondering what the laws are for detecting on Padre Island and the National Seashore?

Scott - I'm a newbie in corpus christi and was wondering what the laws are for detecting on Padre Island and the National Seashore?

I have no idea about the location in your question though most if not all national park land is off limits. However, IMHO, I would suggest staying away from such sites anyway. They attract too much attention and too much potential to cause problems. There are so many other places to hunt.

Tuesday is the day...

Always try and contact the local Park Ranger. They are the person that decides yea or nay.

Some state park beaches are open for detecting from 6 to 9 AM only during the summer season, and all day after Labor day. Some require a permit and/or small daily fee.

I would imagine tomorrow will be a sick day for lots of MD'ers.:lol:

That is a good letter, but does it make a difference if you promise not to sue? My understanding is that your health insurance would sue the owner regardless.

Liability waiver

here is a liability waiver that i found online someplace. they said that we were welcome to it and that we can change it anyway we wanted.

LIABILITY WAIVER

I, John J. Smith, in return for permission allowing me to metal detect on property owned by

_____________________, do hereby waive any responsibility or liability on his or her part for my safety or well being. This document being proof that I recognize that I am responsible for any risk or damage to myself and that said landowner is to be held blameless in the case of accident or injury.

In addition, I promise to fill any and all holes I should happen to dig and to do my best to leave the property in as good a condition as when I entered.

Further, I will offer to show said landowner any finds if he or she desires, and to share the proceeds of my search should objects of value be found. In the case the landowner wishes to share in any finds, the following methods will be used to determine who gets what.

1. The land owner and myself will each pick an item we desire, in turn, until all items are chosen. First pick to be determined by a coin toss.

2. In the event that an item is desired by both parties, each shall offer the other a dollar amount with the high bidder purchasing the item. Each person to write down their bid on a piece of paper to be drawn blind.

3. In the very rare, but happy event, that a truly valuable artifact, coin, cache of coins or jewelry would be found, the parties should try to get an accurate appraisal and whichever party most desires ownership, would offer to buy the other's half. In the case of articles that could be separated into equal lots, each takes half, the picks to be determined as in section 1. Or the items could be sold outright and the proceeds split evenly. These options to be discussed and decided upon to the satisfaction of both parties if this situation develops.

John J. Smith _____________________ Property Owner ________________________

Date: Date:

you can't MD on the National Seashore. any other part of the beach you can, bob hall,jp luby but not the National Seashore

Critter Getter is right. Don't even have your MD in your vehicle if you are on the National seashore. If you catch them on a bad day they may even take your first born along with everything else. Never had any problems on all the other beaches.
Al

Hi Philm

I'm sorry to reply so late! I haven't been on favorite forum in a long time! I don't know much about the laws there but I do agree with the other comments above.

I would be glad to help you find out though! :)

Permisson

This is a version of "PERMISSION TO METAL DETECT ON PRIVATE PROPERTY" that I edited from GeorgiaJay with his permission. Feel free to adapt and edit as you like :yes:

* The Detectorist should have a copy of our ethics code and a business card with their contact info stapled to it. This gives way to legality, not TOO much about finds, and allows for future MD'ing contacts :cool:

I think this is a very nice permission letter. Have you had much success with accessing private property with it?
My email address is [email protected]

I would appriciate a reply from you.

Good luck hunting.

Sincerely,

David Fedder

Possession of a MD is a huge fine and a criminal act. There are signs posted all over the entrance to the national seashore.

I have seen this rule broken and I've seen people arrested for this on that very strip of beach. Not a good idea.

Possession of a MD is a huge fine and a criminal act. There are signs posted all over the entrance to the national seashore.

I have seen this rule broken and I've seen people arrested for this on that very strip of beach. Not a good idea.

They need to make a pair of MDing shoes that can disc out junk and only beep on copper or silver targets! I'd buy those - carry the garrett PP in your pocket and a screw driver and just go nuts. They could never say you were Mding. :)

They make some MD sandals or something, but they're crap apparently. But if someone incorporated their pro-pointer guts into a shoe that'd be awesome...

I have one fascinating beach find and of course it was not on the beach itself, it was in some dunes. The group I was with had permission to be there with metal detectors. Everything this group did on land was legit and legal... their downfall came when they went offshore to sunken wrecks that got them in trouble. It was sad as I never got but one chance to do land stuff with them... I wish I could go back to the National Seashore on Padre Island... those dunes have treasures! Literally...

Back
Top Bottom