• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ENDED Guess bullet grain weight win 1875 seated dime;Ends Sunday April 5th 2015 at 6:00 PM central time

Hdnsouth

Forum Supporter
This is my second contest and am learning as I go sorry for any mistakes I made.
This contest is for an 1875 seated dime what I want is the whole number and not the fractional portion so if the grain weight is 100.056 what I want is 100 also if you are a veteran or active simply state the branch of military you served in or are serving in so the guess in my case would be 100 Army.
It is not necessary to have been in the military to enter or to win.
However if you have served I will add a bonus along with the dime.
From left to right in the picture is.
First. Winchester 45-70 factory round.
Second. One of my loads for my 1852 Sharps.
Third. One of my cast bullets paper patched ready for loading.
Fourth. Winchester factory 9mm round for size comparison.
Front. The 1875 seated dime.
The third picture of the paper patched bullet is what you are guessing the grain weight of.
For any of you that aren't familiar with paper patched bullets you can do a search and get all the information you want on them the cast bullets are referred to as slicks they have no grease grooves like the three ringers from the civil war do.
The bullet you are guessing on is large and custom for my rifle. Being a breach loaded rifle I have to extend the bullet as far as possible to give me the room needed to compress 70 grains of FF black powder.
The contest will end Sunday April 5th 2015 at 6:00 PM central standard time. If no one guesses the exact grain weight the closest entry to that amount will win regardless if it is above or below. Thanks for playing. DSC01237.jpg

Last edited:
505 grains based on nothing but a wild guess. I have less than one grain of knowledge on this subject but I love learning interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom