Not over yet!...A little more silver and some cool brass!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
My parks aren't frozen over yet, and the little snow we had earlier this week melted so I finally got out today for a bit.

Another silver purity ring, this is like my third or forth one.
"True Love Waits" is the inscription.

P1050543.jpg

Bob Siemon Designs, silly thing sells for $30 new.

Clipboard01.jpg

Also found this really neat brass nautical themed letter opener.

P1050546.jpg

A ton of these all over the net, they all say vintage and evidently this was a popular style in the old days...when people actually sent letters.

I have no idea why this was buried in a park, I don't believe a house of any kind was in the vicinity but whatever, now it's mine and I like it.
I am going to shine this thing up good, buy a desk and lay it right on there then wait for a letter.

Cool letter opener! How big is it?

Full size I guess...7 3/4" long, weighs about 3 oz.
It was a nice signal and only a few inches deep.
Oriented at a downward angle in the soil, I dug a small hole and the pointed tip was what I saw, thought it might have been some sort of knife at first but I grabbed it and pulled and I was surprised when this long thing came out of the hole...loved the design on the other end when I saw it and then recognized what this thing really was.
Has a slight bend in it which I think adds...character.

Most of my odd and end finds end up in a box or on display if I have room, this one is a keeper and I will actually use it in real life from now on.

Love finding jewelry and coins, the odd and end stuff is neat, functional, good looking objects that I find that I can put back to work after a long dirt nap are rare but way cool when you find them.

Attachments

• P1050548.jpg
    P1050548.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 142
Congrats on the nice finds. Good to here you can still get out. Ground is frozen here now.

Nice silver... But you are waaaayyy off on then"letter opener" that is a Hobbit's sword:yes:

Actually very cool

Back
Top Bottom