Choice of 3 Metal Detectors

sprucecrick

I'm new to this hobby and I'm really looking forward to getting started. The following were recommended. Whites Prizm III, Garrett Ace 250 and Bounty Hunter Landstar. They all seem easy to understand and good for the standard types of metal detecting but does anyone know if they also do well with gold? Any info on these 3 would be appreciated. AND if anyone can suggest other types/mdls in this $$ range, please do. Thanks
Phil,

hi sprucecrick! Welcome to the forum!!! I have an ace 250 and I love it!!!! I also have a BH QDII, and think they are coparable. Although I do think that the ace is constructed a little better than the BH. Now I do not know about gold but I do know that It picks up tiny tiny peices of foil, deep too. It seems to be a really hot machine!! good luck with your decision, and let us know what you end up with!!! HH

None of these models will do great on gold. They will find gold but you'll have more difficulty as they just don't have the capabitlities of better detectors. You'll have to keep your disc down. However , the Ace250 is the best of the three in my opinion for the money.

Welcome sprucecrick, glad to have you aboard. I owned the Prizm IV, the BH Landstar and the Ace 250. All are good machines but I would have to give the nod to the Ace 250.

Back
Top Bottom