Can KT have any better LUCK??

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
This is just unreal. KT was a day late getting his boxes of halves, had to be out of town on Thursday, so this morning when KT arose, His Majesty was feeling under the weather, so He determined to go to the DR first and by the bank 2nd. Have a Royal head cold and got several meds prescribed by the Royal Physician, was told to go to the pharmacy, get the meds and go home to start them...KT's only side stop was by the bank to pick up the boxes...arriving back home with all errands done. After lunch, KT ripped through the first 2 boxes....no silver! But KT was ready to take them right away to the dump bank. The Queen went along to take care of some banking business.

Upon arriving, KT prepared to dump His coins, but when He turned on the machine, it was full of trash, a lot of junk rattling around on the spinning plate. KT stuck his Royal finger in the throat to feel what was rolling around, but something went directly over his His finger tip. Pulling his hand out, KT could not believe it! :shock::?::shock: It was a ring...had a carved jade stone, looking closely at the rings interior He saw markings...Got out His Ever Present Royal Hand Lense and looked....it said 12K :shock: :laughing:

WOW! :dingding::clapping::clapping::excited: Unbelievable! KT dumped His coins and got an overage of $3.01 and that RING! WaaaHOOO!

KT got home, weighed the ring, 2.95 grams....figure the stone weighs a gram so He figured the value of a 2 grams of gold...comes to $47.22 :shock:

Now very excited, KT worked through the remaining 3 boxes...3rd box had 1 40% silver half and a crazy 25 peso Mexican coin (?). A fair number of NIFCs were spread through all the boxes.

KT cannot wait to get back to the bank tomorrow and see what other goodies that dump machine might yield! KT has yet to get gold from the ground this year but has gotten 2 14K rings from last years costume jewelry finds and now this sweet 12 K...its starting to add up! HA HA

Enjoy the pics....the ring's pics were taken with my Celestron digital microscope...views from the top, the side, and the markings!

Attachments

• CRH 05 02 2013 1 40%er 1 25 centavo.JPG
    CRH 05 02 2013 1 40%er 1 25 centavo.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 455
  • CRH 05 02 2013 24 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 05 02 2013 24 NIFCs.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 461
  • Jade frog ring  5 2 2013 top 2.95 grams.jpg
    Jade frog ring 5 2 2013 top 2.95 grams.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 437
  • Jade frog ring  5 2 2013 side.jpg
    Jade frog ring 5 2 2013 side.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 441
  • Jade frog ring  5 2 2013 12K marking.jpg
    Jade frog ring 5 2 2013 12K marking.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 444
Happy for your luck, KT, but shouldn't you turn the ring in to a lost and found at the bank?

I can't help but think that might have slipped off someone's finger while they were dumping their own coins and they didn't realize.

Nice ring find KT!!

Happy for your luck, KT, but shouldn't you turn the ring in to a lost and found at the bank?

I can't help but think that might have slipped off someone's finger while they were dumping their own coins and they didn't realize.

Finders keepers? Did you turn those silver rings in to the lost and found? What makes you think a bank employee wouldn't pocket the ring after it was turned in? Do you just turn it in and hope for the best or call it a day and walk away with a nice find and a smile on your face? We are treasure hunters after all. Now if he watched someone lose their ring and then kept it. To me that would be wrong.

KT, I think you need to get your royal eyes checked by the royal optomitrist because that ring is 750 18K NOT 12K! You did even better then you thought. : )

Like Frankiefry said that is 18k! Score!!!!!!!!!!!! I found 14k in one. Now i would be a little bummed settling for silver. Just kidding!

Nice ring find KT!!

Finders keepers? Did you turn those silver rings in to the lost and found? What makes you think a bank employee wouldn't pocket the ring after it was turned in? Do you just turn it in and hope for the best or call it a day and walk away with a nice find and a smile on your face? We are treasure hunters after all. Now if he watched someone lose their ring and then kept it. To me that would be wrong.

There is a difference between finding something after detecting and digging, and finding something indoors in a very public place in a machine which people use everyday.

If it had been a cell phone or a wallet would YOU have walked out with that also?

I guess you would have, because after all, you are a treasure hunter and I am sure you can't live without the little bit of gold in the cell phone or the credit card numbers in the wallet.

OK OK! E1 just settle down a bit! :D:D The folks at the bank were told. Should anyone come in and be able to describe it, it will be returned to them. KT does not think it was just dropped off someone's pinky finger, however. This machine has many many people using it, and there is no end to the junk it has eaten in the past because folks dump their coin jars without even putting the coins in the tray...just dump straight down the throat. KT finds earrings, bullets (live .22 rounds), baby teeth, screws, tacks, nails, button batteries, and more in this machine. The ring is unmarked concerning ownership. The bank knows KT has it and knows KT's phone number. He awaits a call. The ring will stay in the melt down bag for several months. If not claimed, it is His!

It is most likely that whoever dropped it in their coin container at home, completely forgot that it was in there. If they remember and think to ask at the bank, then it will be returned when they describe it to me. BTW, if KT had not recovered it, the bank personnel know nothing about jewelry. Their policy is anything other than coins found in the machine when they clean it, is tossed in the trash. That's the situation...the trash is emptied daily, so there is a bit better chance that the owner may get it back by KT recovering it.

And YES, everyone is correct, it is 18K...KT did not recognize the meaning of the 750 mark! So the value now jumps up to $70.91 !

If anyone turns up to claim it, KT is here to return it. It is a very distinctive design. AND since everyone on this forum can describe it, YOU ALL are disqualified on claiming it! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm sorry, but I think KT should not return the ring to the bank, even though he found it in their coin machine.

If it had fallen into the machine while coins were being dumped wouldn't you think the owner would hear it rattling around like KT did? Most, if not all those machines run for a minute to clear all the coins in the chute. You would think they would have checked the coin return, and the chute before leaving.

It may have been mixed in with the coins. No on will ever really know.

Now if KT wanted to, he could go back to the bank, tell him he had found the ring, and offered them his number, in case anyone came in to claim it. This way they would have to describe the ring to him, to be sure its going to the rightful owner.

I've found rings, and other items before and have turned them in. I know where a number of times the people I gave them to kept them, because I've seen them either using them or wearing them the next day/week.

We've dug up rings and other things in our lifetime, but you hardly ever hear of us trying to return them unless there's a name, initials or some other sort of I.D inside.

So I really think it's up to KT, not any of us to try and tell him what to do. After all its his choice, not ours.

Knowing KT I'm sure he'll do what he thinks is right. Me, I would have lost it to the wife by now.

Either way it's a great find! 18K isn't bad for an eyeball find.

If this was a $100 bill blowing across the parking lot or sitting in an isle at the grocery store - how many people would turn it in? I guess you could tell someone up front that you found money and if someoen can tell you how much/denominations than I guess they could get it.

KT did more than most probably would. He informed the bank that he found a ring in the machine and they know how to contact him. If someone lost it and comes looking - they'll get it back. If not - KT just adds it to the pile.

KT did more than most probably would. He informed the bank that he found a ring in the machine and they know how to contact him. If someone lost it and comes looking - they'll get it back.

And I am happy to hear that he did. :grin:

There is a difference between finding something after detecting and digging, and finding something indoors in a very public place in a machine which people use everyday.

If it had been a cell phone or a wallet would YOU have walked out with that also?

I guess you would have, because after all, you are a treasure hunter and I am sure you can't live without the little bit of gold in the cell phone or the credit card numbers in the wallet.

A cell phone would have contact numbers and a wallet would have an id. We are obviously on different levels here.

A cell phone would have contact numbers and a wallet would have an id. We are obviously on different levels here.

Obviously. Just because something lacks some kind of information identifying the owner, that doesn't make it yours.

Obviously. Just because something lacks some kind of information identifying the owner, that doesn't make it yours.

I does if you found it in a public setting, and nobody is ever going to look for it...

Krakken, you might as well give up on MD with that type of mind set, unless you collect pull tabs? I would want every coin I have ever lost, you going to hook me up or what?

Great find KT! Sometimes I believe we are rewarded with things because of the good that we have already done, and conversely, maybe the first owner of the ring was an a-hole and got what they deserved as well...

Karma is a $%^&, but it is not biased, and works fine both ways...

<*)))>{

I does if you found it in a public setting, and nobody is ever going to look for it...

Krakken, you might as well give up on MD with that type of mind set, unless you collect pull tabs? I would want every coin I have ever lost, you going to hook me up or what?

Great find KT! Sometimes I believe we are rewarded with things because of the good that we have already done, and conversely, maybe the first owner of the ring was an a-hole and got what they deserved as well...

Karma is a $%^&, but it is not biased, and works fine both ways...

<*)))>{

Yeah I am done with this topic. There is a very clear difference between digging something up and finding it in a public building. KT at least did the responsible thing and notify the tellers about the lost item.

KT... I hate to say this, but the right thing to do would be to mail me the ring so I can find a safe place for it. You did a bad bad bad thing keeping that ring when you could have very easily given it to someone else like me.

Not the best thing these days to turn stuff in where you found it. Parks, banks, shopping malls.etc. I used to buff floors for a living at a Woolworths back in the day. Found lots of gold and had the manager to agree when i turned it all in after a specific date it would be mine. Well all the gold rings,bracelets, necklaces,etc. were never claimed. Told the manager i was gonna be taking them with me. Well the manager likely took them home as soon as i turned them in. He flat told me he wasn't giving me a thing. He was driving an Olympic limited edition Cadillac to work,and i was stuck driving my $600 motorcycle for the next year while still making minimum wage of $2.25 an hour. Forgive me if i don't turn things in any more:lol:

KT... I hate to say this, but the right thing to do would be to mail me the ring so I can find a safe place for it. You did a bad bad bad thing keeping that ring when you could have very easily given it to someone else like me.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Today KT went back by the branch bank to dump the remaining $1500 in halves. While there, He spoke with the tellers about the ring. The head teller told Him, no problem. If someone comes by, we will call you, but no one ever does! And he made a kind offer...he will set up a reject cup...instead of tossing everyone's junk and machine clogging stuff in the trash, they are going to save it for me to sort through.. Bank employees are not allowed to keep any coins, jewelry or other items in the machine. The coins throw off their balance sheet and since so many people use the machine, both customers and non, he had no idea whose it is or what he is tossing...could be junk or valuables. NOW The King will get to decide! If any goodies show up, KT will see to it that everyone at the bank gets cookies and other goodies baked by the Queen!

Granted if this had been a high school ring or a traceable item, KT would have immediately gone into return it mode, but its a random item...just like when my co-worker went to Walmart and when going in, there was a $100 bill blowing out the door...she chased it down! LOL

Anywho, KT has not as popular a thread in quite awhile...guess He needs to find more gold! :D:D FYI, the coin machine gave up $5.15 in overages today, for a total of $6.51 this week in change!

Awesome score KT!!!! I have learned that most banks in my area will not sell you boxes of halves unless you are a business and then you can get 1 box and still have to jump through hoops to get it.

Back
Top Bottom