• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Depression

HipsterKitty

I don't know what anyone can do to help, but I just feel terrible. I always do, always have, probably always will. My medicine doesn't do enough and I just don't want to try anymore.

Try this, go buy a very nice Mercedes Benz. Does wonders for your self esteem. If that doesn't justify it, ask Princess Diana's body guard what he thinks about the seat belts.

ADHD and/or bipolar

I have a relative who is both and he cycles this time of year too.
Not sure for you but check with the doc about lowering one medication and increasing the other - I will check with him to see.
It has to do with the change in seasons and lack of sunlight mainly.

Seasonal
Affected
Disorder

go outside & let the sun shine on you (vitamin D)

...or go tanning, just don't over do it

Yeah, it is the light. Or the lack thereof, rather.

Today in particular was hard because it was raining. So I didn't get a single minute of sunlight. Then I decided to drive around, and I ended up hydroplaning so close to another car that I had to just sit in a parking lot for an hour before I calmed down enough to go home. And... Well... There's more, but I don't want to get into it.

Go metal detecting or find some good quality friends!
I only have three friends here, and two of them don't really care for me anymore. If I knew how to make friends I would.

Seasonal
Affected
Disorder

I was going to say that as well!! I was MDing in the rain yesterday, bundled up and all in MI... Just get outside! And you can't catch a cold or the flu outdoors...

The days will start getting longer in a week or so and it will only get better...

Don't get S.A.D...go ice fishing!!!:D

<*)))>{

Get involved in a church. Ask around and find one people are happy with. Bottom line, spend some time with people who are happy. This alone does wonders for you.

I also have severe depression mainly due to hurting my bak and was forced to make a career change. I was bringing home 1600 buks a week and living the high life since I was 20 yrs old. I'm 34 now and after being laid off for 2 yrs I'm working at a sweat shop Makeing vehicle steering systems for the japs. Bringing home only 300 buks a week now if I'm lucky. Tryed every medication u can think of. Sum would work for a lil while sum would not. After getting my first detector about 5 months ago I stopped all meds and found that metal detecting keeps me very happy. Do you have a job? Going to school? If not I recommend at least one of them if not both. Could also try a upgrade on ur detector. Hope this helps some what I feel ur pain.

i go though the same thing around this time of year, i have had pts for years and now i'm the last of my old family no brother or sisters or aunty or uncles just me , i try and get out and do something even if it's wrong :laughing: i'm down myself right now and don't even have a detector mine died so grab yours and go:(

Seasonal
Affected
Disorder

I am getting paid $350 to do a insomnia study with a 10,000 lumen SAD light. I also have to spend the night in a hospital room twice in 3 weeks and spit in a test tube every hour to test melatonin levels from 7pm - 2am. I like the SAD light. I have to use it at 6am. I normally force myself up at that time anyway. I am getting sleepier earlier now.

Get a bicycle, and ride it often. Exercise is good for the soul as good as it is for your body. I would recommend a mountain bike, find a mountain biking club for beginners and have a ton of fun.

Get a backpack that will hold your metal detector and use the mountain bike to get you to places to detect that otherwise would be hard to get to. You can travel a lot of ground on a mountain bike.

Also find creative ways to make money. Money doesn't buy happiness but it'll buy a SeaDoo...you never see anyone on a SeaDoo without a smile right? :grin:

Check out zimride for ride sharing. Find a popular destination from your starting poi t and get a car full of people. It'll pay more than the gas and you'll get to travel to cool places to metal detect and mountain bike.

RobertD, great post!! Bicycles are cool, bicycles with motors...AWESOME!! JK

I love bikes, here is a dream not finished yet..

Before...
before.jpg

How it sits now..
0729112201a.jpg

Here is a song about a little girl for Ms. Kitty...

Don't dream..just do it... everyone is wierd, get out and find yours!!!

<*)))>{

Bicycles are cool, bicycles with motors...AWESOME!! JK

I love bikes, here is a dream not finished yet..
How it sits now..
0729112201a.jpg

Great start! Like the springer front end.

Can't ride without smiling.

Exercise improves mental stability.

Thanks! MtnC...

LOL @ your sig.... I am from SE MI. also..

I guess is the key for the OP is to get out and see/find "the gift" that IS yours..

When you find it, it will be true, and earned, and you will be better off for having found it...IMO..

<*)))>{

Lot's of good suggestions, and a couple bad. The holidays are a notorious depressant.

There are many things that can cheer you up, but you are the only one who knows what they are. Sometimes I don't what to be cheered up, and that will drive people away. Known mood elevators I use are coffee, exercise, helping others(making them happy makes me feel better), MDing(as long as I find something), being around other people(like at the mall), watching comedies, Christmas movies like Miracle on 34th street, to name a few. Eat your favorite food.

Stay away from alcohol and sad music. I had a freind that complained she was always depressed. I found she was always listening to Rascal Flatts, some of them most depressing music I had heard. Turned it to something else and she felt better instantly.

Just try to make the best of each day.

Yeah, it is the light. Or the lack thereof, rather.

Today in particular was hard because it was raining. So I didn't get a single minute of sunlight. Then I decided to drive around, and I ended up hydroplaning so close to another car that I had to just sit in a parking lot for an hour before I calmed down enough to go home. And... Well... There's more, but I don't want to get into it.

I only have three friends here, and two of them don't really care for me anymore. If I knew how to make friends I would.

HipsterKitty,
Everyone's life is full of disapointments and changes of direction. How you cope with life's setbacks is up to you. Believe me, I understand that sometimes our problems stack up until we are paralyzed and we don't know how to cope or which way to turn. When that happens, I have found that if you can quit worrying about all of them and just concentrate on fixing the most pressing problem, pretty soon you can solve all the ones that can be solved.
Not all of the problems can or will be solved. Some doors close and can't be re-opened. On the other hand, every day new doors will open.
I have learned that most of us are our own worst critic. If we accept that we are only human and are prone to make mistakes, we can try to ask forgiveness for our mistakes and accept and forgive our friends and neighbors when they make mistakes.
We have to try to solve our problems. It is human nature to help those who try to help themselves. Imagine 10 people detecting a muddy field. One falls down on their face. Everyone laughs. If the person lays there, no one will do much, but if they try to stand back up, generally, everyone will try to help them stand back up. If all 10 fall down, everyone helps themself and then they help each other.

The secret of making friends is to be a friend. Treat people the way you wish they would treat you. When you meet someone, introduce yourself, and turn the conversation so that it is about them and their interests. Everyone wants to share their thoughts and feelings about things. Share, of course, means that both of you give and take. Once the other person has got you caught up on thier life and adventures, the will invariably want to find out what is going on with you.

Accept people for what they are, what they have been, and what they will be. Don't try to change them.

Everyone carries burdens they can't share with you. Everyone has parts of thier life they can't share with you. We all do. When you run into one of these, don't press them to divulge. It is perfectly alright to say "That is none of your business".

It is not your job to solve all the problems of the world. You are expected to fix the things around you, if possible, and to clean up the messes you make!

Oh, by the way, you are wrong about the number of friends that you have. I think that there are a lot of people that read your posts and some of them respond to you. I know that whenever I sign in, I always go to the advanced search function and type in "Hipsterkitty" to see what new threads you have posted and what is going on with you. I do the same for several other people, just to see what is going on with them.
I think of you, and all these other people as my friends, even though I have never actually seen you, or them, face to face and likely never will. Still, they are willing to put thier foot forward and share, and I accept thier thoughts and opinions. Sometimes I post and am always interested in people's responce.
HH, and I hope your life is full of sunny days.
John Morton

Back
Top Bottom