KT got His Royal Obama money on this weeks CRH! HA HA

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT knows that needs some explanation...you will get it! :D

Got the boxes and had time last Thursday to run through 2 of them...not much but at least 1 64 Ken!

Did not get done with it until about an hour ago and took the pics of the finds.

Box 1 - 1 64 ken, 3 NIFCs
Box 2 - 1 NIFC, 1 Panama Medio Balboa
Box 3 - total skunk! :shock:
Box 4 - 2 40% kens, 1 NICF, 2 Obamas:?:
Box 5 - 2 90% kens, 3 40% kens, 1 NIFC, and 1 Proof (A real Good Box!)

Totals: 3 90% 64 kens, 5 40% kens, 6 NIFCs, 1 Proof, 2 Obamas

Thank goodness for that box 5! :laughing::laughing:

KT was surprized by this hunt....Never figured Royalty would ever get any Obama money, but check out the last pic!

Attachments

• CRH 10 03 2012 3 90% Kens.JPG
    CRH 10 03 2012 3 90% Kens.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 717
  • CRH 10 03 2012 5 40% Kens.JPG
    CRH 10 03 2012 5 40% Kens.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 729
  • CRH 10 03 2012 6 NIFCs.JPG
    CRH 10 03 2012 6 NIFCs.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 706
  • CRH 10 03 2012 1985S Proof.JPG
    CRH 10 03 2012 1985S Proof.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 709
  • CRH 10 03 2012 1 Panama Medio Balboa.JPG
    CRH 10 03 2012 1 Panama Medio Balboa.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 705
  • CRH 10 03 2012 KT's Obama Money.JPG
    CRH 10 03 2012 KT's Obama Money.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 702
Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the nice pile of silver. Looks like the hunt paid off nicely!

Obama coins. So that was the change he was talking about.:lol:

Looking good KT... you've got yourself just a bit over 2k in silver now with all those halves!! :cool: Sure beats returning pop cans for deposit!

A question for the kingmeister

How do you get your coins...i have been getting a few rolls and they arrive at the counter in the yellow rolls and obviously someone rolled them and took them in...i have found the same marked coins and the newest is 2001.

The bank clerk even told me they had another $350 worth of halfs but i got the idea theyd be exactly the same...rolled by CRH and then im just playing second hand sucker.

So how do you get the real machine rolled turned edges rolls?

I asked if they could order some if i order $500 ro $1000 worth but they dont do that...i have checked three banks around me and no luck at any of them....youd think if someone was willing to buy $500/$1000 theyd fall over themselves to accomodate but nothing, nada, zilch.

Is there a bank you order from online?..you must be passing them through the counters or spending many happy hours rerolling and taking to a different bank so they dont get pissed at you ordering then bringing them back two days later.

So is it a national branch you orde through?

Yup, you just order them through your bank. You need to make good friends with your tellers and they will pull some strings to do this for you at no cost to you... well maybe some cookies for them to keep the coins coming in! Sounds like you need to find a new bank to work with that will order for you!

All our rolls come from the FED trucks, ie Brinks... Lumis... etc. Once in a while you can score from the handrolled coins because a little ol' granny came in to make a deposit and unknowingly brought in her silver... but that's rare these days!

Good job finding the silver again this week, KT. Those Obama coins are funny. Aren't they just a sticker over the coin? Peel them babies. : )

KT I was wondering something the other day. When you get these coin rolls do you ever find other coins mixed in, well besides the Obamas? I saw auctions for Kennedy rolls supposedly unsearched that said some contained Libertys & Franklins. You ever come across anything like that?

In answer to the questions,

Yep, I have recovered 1 Walker and several Franklins...look in my signature statement!

I use a large but local bank for my buying and dumping, just different branches. I have had a long and pleasant relationship with this particular bank over the past 15+ years before I go the idea of CRHing as a hobby.

They order coins all the time, just normally not halves, and Loomis delivers them to the bank...the rolls come straight from the St. Louis Fed Bank.

The Obama halves appear to KT to be screen printed so it would take acetone or paint stripper to remove the printed material.

Thanks for all the comments and questions!

Dumpin at the slot machine today!

KT got another 3.80 from the bank slot machine today when He dumped so that brings the total overage to $11.35...Wonder what the last dump tomorrow will bring???:shock::shock:

Last dump gave up another $3.90 for a grand total overage of $15.25....not shabby! HA HA HA

i reread this to see the political stuff and didnt find any....someone said peel them off and i can understand that but they are entertaining enough to mention them and im an obama fan...but sticking stuff on coins doesnt make them collectable..i have a handpainted eagle..funnily enough its worth exactly the same as a none painted on....but i liked it...if the obama was painted on id be interested in it but screen painted is just like the HSN stuff...wastes of time

Hmmmm! Then WHY did you bring up politics! As the ORIGINATOR of this post, KT certainly did not! He only showed what he recovered!:?::?::?:

Nothing wrong with your original post KT. Some responses were deemed to be pushing our No Politics restriction so they were removed.

Back
Top Bottom