• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

<---------- Idiot number 1

TsingTao

Elite Member
Oh boy.................. do i have a story to tell you guys........... :laughing::laughing:

I went to a different bank today to buy 60$ worth of nickles. Well i am new to this and this would be my second time going to a bank so im still learning haha

Basically the guy was putting the rolls of nickles (in plastic) into my money sack, i thought it was weird they were in plastic, but i didnt think anything of it.

I got home all excited ready to find some silver and i opened them up and the first roll was all brand new, i was like ok a fluke, onto the next roll, all brand new.

Then i realized these were straight from the fed.

I just bought 60$ worth of nickles straight from the coin factory.

I feel like a proper idiot haha :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

We live and learn!

I don't know if you can control that. If I go to my CU, I will get those same rolls of nickels, straight from the Mint.
I have been thinking about buying nickel rolls lately. Maybe I won't now. :D

Feel lucky. I have been looking for nickles from 2010, 2011, also, dimes from 2009, 2010, Cannot find any of the new Quarters in rolls, from 2009-2012. Didn't get many of the 2009 cents in all versions. I live in Georgia and I collect coins also and cannot get them in new rolls from any of the banks in this area. They all have rolls of the new dollar coins, but that about to stop. The only way in the future, will have to buy them from the mint.

Ask for "coin machine" rolls. These are the rolls from the coin counting machine. Dunno if the machines spit out the silver nickels but the older ones will still go through due to no change in weight.

Ask for "coin machine" rolls. These are the rolls from the coin counting machine. Dunno if the machines spit out the silver nickels but the older ones will still go through due to no change in weight.

Thanks! i will certainly ask that next time i go :)

Fed wrapped rolls are money in the bank. Especially if you get ones with later date years. Rolls of 2009 nickels were selling for upwards of $40 at one point. I would be dancing jigs to know of a bank in my area where I could pick those up.

This may have something to do with it. "The United States Mint has halted production of circulating 2009 Jefferson nickels and 2009 Roosevelt dimes for the rest of this year, according to the latest issue of Coin World. As the dime and nickel production graphs show, the stoppage creates historic, staggering low mintages for the two coins — levels not seen since the 50s."

Some of my best penny finds have come from the plastic wrapped rolls. I know then that they were not rolled by hand by someone.

Oooops

Hey don't be too hard on yourself...I bought a $120 dollars worth of dimes last year...got em home and noticed that they were all 2011-D! Ooooops!

Better luck next time!

Fed wrapped rolls are money in the bank. Especially if you get ones with later date years. Rolls of 2009 nickels were selling for upwards of $40 at one point. I would be dancing jigs to know of a bank in my area where I could pick those up.

These rolls are all 2011 P

Are they really worth something?

I would still check them for obvious errors, IE; cuds, strike throughs, etc. Some of these have a nice little premium. WOLF

I would still check them for obvious errors, IE; cuds, strike throughs, etc. Some of these have a nice little premium. WOLF

I will! im not aware of any known errors etc though, but i will go through them.

If i take them out of the plastic can they still be considered uncirculated?

I will! im not aware of any known errors etc though, but i will go through them.

If i take them out of the plastic can they still be considered uncirculated?

Condition dictates an uncirculated coin. So, yes it can still be considered unc. if the condition is right. WOLF

Oh boy.................. do i have a story to tell you guys........... :laughing::laughing:

I went to a different bank today to buy 60$ worth of nickles. Well i am new to this and this would be my second time going to a bank so im still learning haha

Basically the guy was putting the rolls of nickles (in plastic) into my money sack, i thought it was weird they were in plastic, but i didnt think anything of it.

I got home all excited ready to find some silver and i opened them up and the first roll was all brand new, i was like ok a fluke, onto the next roll, all brand new.

Then i realized these were straight from the fed.

I just bought 60$ worth of nickles straight from the coin factory.

I feel like a proper idiot haha :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

We live and learn!

On the bright side they are all Uncirculated and still worth atleast a nickel :)

Back
Top Bottom