I tried my luck again

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I went to a different bank this morning to purchase a couple of rolls of halves to try my luck again. While one teller was in the vault getting me the only roll that they had I asked the teller if she had any loose ones in her drawer and she did ($2.50 worth). I told her that I'd buy them and she proceeds to tell me that she has $4.00 worth of Eisenhower dollars also. After the transactions I head out to my truck and notice this written on the paper roll

Kennedy halves

22-1971

18-1972

I get home and sure enough that was an accurate inventory that someone had done :(

Then I look at the loose coins that I had purchased and of the four Eisenhower coins I got a 1974 (40%) and of the five halves I got a 1967 (also 40%)

It wasn't a total skunk, I'm happy with it :yes:

Still good to find some silver!!! The last (3) $500 BOXES I have gotten skunked!! Zero, nada! lol We gotta keep trying... Will find some sooner or later. Congrats!

None of my local banks have large quantity of halves. One teller said they could place an order for me but I would have to pay a shipment charge or something to that nature. The bank closed soon, it was saturday, no thank you.

None of my local banks have large quantity of halves. One teller said they could place an order for me but I would have to pay a shipment charge or something to that nature. The bank closed soon, it was saturday, no thank you.

I order boxes from CHASE bank all the time FREE of charge!!! Takes about 3-4 days to come in.. I NEVER had to pay shipping charges! Thats crazy! Your the customer!

I truthfully think that they are catching on.

I went to a different bank this morning to purchase a couple of rolls of halves to try my luck again. While one teller was in the vault getting me the only roll that they had I asked the teller if she had any loose ones in her drawer and she did ($2.50 worth). I told her that I'd buy them and she proceeds to tell me that she has $4.00 worth of Eisenhower dollars also. After the transactions I head out to my truck and notice this written on the paper roll

Kennedy halves

22-1971

18-1972

I get home and sure enough that was an accurate inventory that someone had done :(

Then I look at the loose coins that I had purchased and of the four Eisenhower coins I got a 1974 (40%) and of the five halves I got a 1967 (also 40%)

It wasn't a total skunk, I'm happy with it :yes:

1974 is not 40 % is it?

I just looked again, according to coinflation.com 1971-74 and 1976 are 40%, unless I'm reading it wrong

Holy Toledo! I posted this and just realized that from the four Eisenhowers that I got (I realized the 1974) but I also got two 1976ers :lol: WOOHOO!! so I got three 40% dollars and one 40% half!!!

Holy Toledo! I posted this and just realized that from the four Eisenhowers that I got (I realized the 1974) but I also got two 1976ers :lol: WOOHOO!! so I got three 40% dollars and one 40% half!!!

YAY!!!! :clapping: :woot: :clap: :cool12: :gettinmoney: :run1: :stars: :yay: :dance: :party:

I order boxes from CHASE bank all the time FREE of charge!!! Takes about 3-4 days to come in.. I NEVER had to pay shipping charges! Thats crazy! Your the customer!
Chase was the one that told me that. Perhaps the teller was mis-informed, seemed as though she was giving info off the top of her head. Are you ordering quarters or halves or what? I might go in again this saturday and get some legit information on the matter, so if im up for it. Do you get any flack bringing the rest of the coins back in after you search them out?
I truthfully think that they are catching on.
I would not be surprised. People coming in asking for a high count of coins would be arousal for suspicions.

Chase was the one that told me that. Perhaps the teller was mis-informed, seemed as though she was giving info off the top of her head. Are you ordering quarters or halves or what? I might go in again this saturday and get some legit information on the matter, so if im up for it. Do you get any flack bringing the rest of the coins back in after you search them out?

I would not be surprised. People coming in asking for a high count of coins would be arousal for suspicions.

I have learned from another thread that you want to get the rolls from one bank and then dump them (coinstar) in a different bank

If I get a box from one bank I NEVER return it to the same bank.. I drop them off at a different bank. :D So far nobody has said anything to me about returning them.. Sometimes I get a look like of !!!! but other than that nothing.

I have learned from another thread that you want to get the rolls from one bank and then dump them (coinstar) in a different bank

If I get a box from one bank I NEVER return it to the same bank.. I drop them off at a different bank. :D So far nobody has said anything to me about returning them.. Sometimes I get a look like of !!!! but other than that nothing.

Lol thats what I figured. All of the girls at my bank are great so I wouldnt want to dump that mess on them. Then its settled, saturday I will go back for round 2. Should I get halves or what?

Back
Top Bottom