What should I do ?

EarPunch

The land I live on is supposed to be pretty old, yet i cant find any informtion on it. The guy that used to own the land said an old lady lived here before him in her childhood home and it burned down a long time ago(he didn't say how long) I would think it would have to be at least the 60's hopefully earlier. Anyways I have been hunting the land like crazy and all im finding is trash and big peices of iron. I have found a total of $0.36 (new clad and a 71 lincoln) since i started hunting the land about a month and a half ago. The front half of the land has about 5 inches of red clay on top before you get to good ground. So i would assumed someone along the way had it leveled. There has to be old coins just cant find any. The back of the land where i was told the old house was, a couple of inches down is obviously all charred and I could build a couple houses with the nails and shingles ive found. Honestly could fill trash cans with the junk ive found but nothing old. Im puzzled anyone have any help ?

Sometimes all it takes is to find all the trash and then possibly after cleaning that up it will allow you to hear deeper good targets... or possibly someone already detected the property.

leveled?

Earpunch, if the land appears to have been leveled with a dozer or such, you might study the lot and see if the top soil or ag was pushed away from the house area. You may find some goodies at the outer edges of the land. Look for piles or heaps near the outer perimeter. Sometimes the dirt is pushed over a hill, or to an area that had another old building. Scope it out and think what you would have done if you were the dozer driver. Look around, :?: and good luck.......Gil

Where i was told the house was doesnt appear to have been leveled. I found a couple stepping stones and from digging i can map out the perimeter pretty closely from the charred remains. However the fron half of the property (which i guess was the back yard then) May have been low and they brought in clay. I will check more closely tomorrow and see if i can see any signs around the property of dozing. Thanks for your input. Cfmnt- Unfortunantly thats what i will probably have to do , hopefully ill be the first to detect here, but theres always the chance someone beat me to it. Thanks for the info guys. Anyone else have any different ideas ?

Back
Top Bottom