Duck-n-Goose Poo

wishooter

Elite Member
In the past week I hit my favorite Lake and River Parks, prior to the Fourth.
A chance to check and clean the Areas before the Big Holiday. I have to work Nights this Week, so I will be Swingin the Early Mornings. ( Yippie )

Inwhich brings me to this Topic. As I Swing I'm hitting dried Duck-n-Goose
chunks like a Hockey Player in Summer Training Camp. The Treads of my Sandals are filled solid. My fellow Park Swingers, this Stinks.

People coming to Picnic sit on the Ground, ooooohhh...(Mushie Mushie). I feel I have issues with the Duck-n-Goose Poo, more then the Foil, Tabs, and etc.
Don't even try to kneel down to dig, I have to flick dried Poo to Pinpoint.

IMHO there should be a Hunt before Thanksgiving and Christmas. To thin out the Herd. They won't Fly South in the Winter, the Fire Dept. Rescues them Frozen on the Ice in the Winter. Risking there Lives for a Duck-n-Goose.

Are you losing your Parks? To the Duck-n-Goose Poo Poo Gangsters?

I have the same problem. I hunt this park that is an old resort from the late 1800's, that has a few lakes. There is goose poop everywhere, both dried, and NOT so dry. Like you said, when kneeling I have to watch where I put my knees. Sometimes the dig is directly under the wet poop, ONLY to find a pull tab. And the beach is terrible. I don't understand how the people can go swimming there. I would not want to walk bare foot in wet goose poop on the beach.

The Eco system isn't in Balance. Maybe we need more Foxes and Wolves.
People are gonna complain this year for sure. (ooooohhh Mushie Mushie )

They don't Fly South in the Winter, is this a Global Warming Message?

Wear Walmart bags on your feet:lol: :lol: :lol: ! As for kneeling, you're on your own. I live in Alaska. If there are too many ducks and geese here folks will be swingin' their detectors and slingin' their lead (yes I know... steel or tungsten... but lead sounds better)!

IM

Not so bad here in Fl.

When I lived in new England the geese were a nuicance on the golf courses.
One club I belonged to in central mass did not have a goose problem. We had foxes and coyotes everywhere. It was sort of in the boonies where the predetors had more cover. Overprotecting some species in my opinion can be bad for them allowing for desease and parisites to wipe them out. I notice now in the latter part of the year these birds do not fly south anymore. Hundreds may take up residency in a medean strip on the highway, or your park. The longer they stay in one spot the more likely for that area to foster poor health conditions. I am not for hunting these beautiful birds, nor am I against it, but their populations should be controlled better or mother nature
will surely do it for them. Where snow cover can force them to move on for food, there are people who will feed them encouraging them to stay in what are abnormal conditions. Now it has become a generational condition with the offspring never leaving an area. Feeding wild amimals is not the best thing to do. We all have become providers for wild bird in the winter.
A problem has arisen here where I live where residents have been feeding wild pigs and deer. The pigs had to be dispatched becuse they were uprooting lawns and gardens. They were just being pigs doing their pig thing. now their dead. We have deer you can walk right up to.
They only destroy the trees and flowers. Never the trees, flowers, or lawns of the people who feed then and attract them, always the neighbors. Soon they will be destroyed. One knucklehead was feeding an alligator chicken parts. The gator was doing ok all by himself, minding his own business eating frogs, turtles, fish, etc. He had to be removed and I would guess "deep-sixed" to keep him from going to the homes looking for a handout. Don't feed wild animals. The park "Wishooter" is hunting probably has people feeding th geese popcorn or something else to keep them there. There should be a big sign at the entrance. "Do not feed the geese." You want to feed them take them home with you. If you feed them they will come...squirrels, geese, deer,
bears.....or people, they will just keep coming..:no: ....Gil

I read a story about a college campus with a goose problem... they tried every conceivable method of getting the geese to leave, spending a bunch of money in the process. Nothing worked. Someone finally came up with the idea of getting a campus dog, who does nothing but chase the geese all day long. He never caught them, but still had a blast chasing them. The college loved the dog, the dog had a great time, and the geese stopped coming! It was a cheap effective solution and it made everyone happy (except maybe the geese, but hey, it was better than getting shot at or poisoned).

We have most of our problems in the Spring. I saw some on our beach. Like you said. I would now want to walk around barefooted.
We have a real problem with them. We farm and our neighbors bean field down the road had probably 200 geese in there walking around trying to scratch the beans our and eat them.(They hadn't came up yet.) They finally left but they also leave mulberry and bad seeds in the field while they are staying there. They always lay down in our oat field after it is harvested. I just have to take the shotgun or rifle out there and start shooting around till they scare off. Then when I leave they come right back. If they get to bad I will just start shooting them. Nothing else I can do.:lol:
Thats just how I feel. Just my opinion.:D

For all that it is worth, here is my 2 cents! I live in Delaware which has wildlife refuges right outside the air base. Geese and C5's do not get along! They have paid thousands of dollars for two dogs to come in every day and chase the birds off. This is fine with me, I live in a state that is covered in wetlands and it is part of our ecology to see thousands of geese every year and I look forward to it. I am not an advocate for PETA, my family hunt everything but.....development has gone rapant in our state, we have destroyed orchards and forests, wetlands and farm fields and pretty soon the wildlife will have nowhere to go. In the las 5 years, property has gone from $500 an acre to $25,000 and up! I will feed the birds and squirrels because I love to see the wildlife, if I step in "poop" I will wash and never know it later. Ying and Yang my friends, they all balance out and we have to learn to share this planet with every living thing not just the "things" we like. The bird flu is coming and very shortly we will not have to worry about seeing birds because I have a feeling they will be destroyed "enmass" as they did in Europe to the animals with foot and mouth disease. Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom