Homemade Rock Tumbler

jmlarence, that looks really good. I think it is a good idea how you used the tupperware container for teh support, and if it leaks it is alll contained. I would recomend some washers on the gatorade cap inside and out though. those bolts look kind of small and I think eventually, you will rip through the top. but, then again it is only a gatorade bottle you can always get another one.

Hey thanks guys! That tumbler setup has been working great for cheap. Use fishtank rocks, dish soap, sand and vinegar(for pennies). Run an hour, change the water, run another hour and done. The shape of that bottle gets everything tumbling pretty good. I put the end of the drill handle up on that roll of tape - that way air can get under and thru to keep the motor cool.

My plan is to get a longer plastic tub and somehow connect two bottles in line with each other. The drill would spin the front one and the front one would connect to spin the back one. That way both pennies and quarters/dimes/nicks can run seperate but at the same time. The drill should have plenty of torque. Thinking the cap of the second bottle would get bolted/glued to the center of the bottom of the first bottle. It should work. I'll post some photos when it's done.

Heading to Cape Cod for the next four days. The MD gear and tide charts already packed!

A

I will Have to think of a good way to add ridges to the isnside of the PVC. Anyone have any suggestions?

Few machine screws evenly spaced pertrudeding inside a 1/4 to 1/2 ought to do the trick Too many not good. just enough to allow a slurry, but preventing the mess inside from just sliding. Hope it works out keep us informed....Gil

Back
Top Bottom