First time Out

R R Stace

Well after buying (2) Garrett ace 250's in December. My wife and I finally got to go out and give them a try. We recieved them on a Wednesday or Thursday can't remember. But the very next day we got hit with a snow storm and havnt seen the ground ever since. Talk about a long winter this time. Either way back to our first time out. We went to a local beach to give them a try. It is still a bit cold but we had a lot of fun Mding. My wife found one penny and what looks to me a childs ring. Me on the other had found a pocket full of pull tabs and foil. What I cant figure out is everthing I found was reading that is was a penny. I was in coin mode and had the discrimination set at 4 bars. Oh well we had alot of fun and we can't wait to get over to Lake Michigan. It is only 45mins to an hour drive. Maybe this week end.

Russ & Renee
Portage, MI.

Don't feel too bad about the long wait to MD. I bought my detector on Oct. 17th, and on the way to pick it up ran into a snow storm, and by the time we got home, we had several inches of snow. And we kept getting snow until just a few weeks ago. I finally got out for the first time last weekend in the mud. I have a White's M6, and I am having problems with the detector jumping around and saying it's everything. Guess I have a lot to learn. At least you found some stuff. Happy Hunting!!

I just went out in the back yard with my 13 year old today for about ten minutes. During that time he found a rosy dime and I found 3 pennys. So I guess maybe we are starting to get the hang of this. I think my boys are going to enjoy mding also. It was kinda funny because they made fun of my wife and I went I bought them calling us old and all that but now they want to use them I think just as much as we do. Maybe I will need to by a couple more LOL

It's nice to see a family all sharing in the hobby. That's worth more than anything you'll ever find with the detector. But you do have a nice machine, give it some time and patience and you'll find lots of good stuff!

R R Stace said:
It was kinda funny because they made fun of my wife and I went I bought them calling us old.........

my kids say the same thing, and to think this is what I want to do everyday when I am retired !!!!

welcome to the forum R R Stace !!!

Back
Top Bottom