Parkway search (nothing exciting)

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
The "unlucky" house, two houses down on the other side of the street was calling me over. The last two owners defaulted on payments, and the last rejects decided to drive the U-Haul over the parkway and lawn, destroying the grass. Figured no one would even notice if I was detecting over destroyed grass :P Found 3 quarters (1 was sitting on top of the grass), 3 dimes and 13 cents. All clad and memorials. Soil was very loose - some of the cents were 7'' down. Where's a clay layer when you need it.

I was almost tempted to try the front lawn since no-one was living their now, but didn't want to push my luck and have a neighbor call the cops on me. One person asked me if I was using a worm detector :roll:

Worm detector?!? Maybe I picked the wrong hobby!!! :lol:
Nice finds--don't hurry the clay layer. You'll hate it when you are trying to get something out of it.
I've been afraid of attracting attention too--I'm getting bolder about it. And once I'm out detecting, everything else becomes background. Twice I've had police cars pull up nearby and eyeball me for a little while, then drive off. I must look harmless. Once a neighbor to the yard I was MDing yelled "What the bleep are you doing in my neighbor's yard". Unusually, this was a place I had permission to hunt.

If worms are going for $2.50 a dozen, then worm detecting is generally more profitable than metal detecting. I find worms all the time. In the time it takes me to find $2.50 in clad, I can find 100 worms. That's more than $20.00 in worms alone. Unfortunately, worm detecting is boring ;)

Back
Top Bottom