Fixing White's pinpointer

narrowroad

Hey all, my White's Bullseye II pinpointer is acting up. When I press the button all I get is a high pitched (sometimes crackling) whistle instead of the sharp tone it usually makes. Has anybody ever had this happen and can I fix it?

I opened it up and dont really see anything wrong, not that I am an electrician or anything but it looks clean and no broken wires or anything. Is there a small speaker or something that could be shot?

Any help would be appreciated as I have grown quite used to using the pinpointer and am somewhat lost without it.

its most likely your button. if it is still under warranty call whites and have them fix it. if not take the back off and clean the contacts at the switch/button..dirt gets in there easily and causes all sorts of problems. if you get it working put a piece of tape over the speaker hole to keep dirt out.

Ive had nothing but problems with the bulls eye 2 and after sending mine in 6 times to have fixed I gave up and the last time it started acting up I threw it across a field and cracked the case..wrapped it in duct tape and havent had a problem with it since :lol:

Back
Top Bottom