1876 Indian Head penny

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Another chilly hunt today. Probably the last one with the AT Pro this season, Only 3 coins 1920 & 1935 Wheaties and then this 1876 Indian Head penny at 8"+!
Got home and see that in Good condition it goes for $24 and in Fine goes for $64!
This looks better than the pics show. There is a full LIBERTY in the headband. I cannot even see the wreath on the back because it is still covered with dirt. After I saw the date I did not do anything with it. Any ideas how to clean this without damaging it?

Another chilly hunt today. Probably the last one with the AT Pro this season, Only 3 coins 1920 & 1935 Wheaties and then this 1876 Indian Head penny at 8"+!
Got home and see that in Good condition it goes for $24 and in Fine goes for $64!
This looks better than the pics show. There is a full LIBERTY in the headband. I cannot even see the wreath on the back because it is still covered with dirt. After I saw the date I did not do anything with it. Any ideas how to clean this without damaging it?

olive oil tooth pic

Rather than soaking it in olive oil, just gently rub it between your fingers with some olive oil.
Then be sure to rinse with water when you are done.
Nice find!

I cleaned it with a cotton swap and peroxide and then followed up with the olive oil. It cleaned up very nicely!
I will post some pics later.

Back
Top Bottom