Storms, Floods, Building Roof Collapse, Fire...and Higher Gas Prices

Ed in KC

Forum Supporter
This has been one heck of an evening in KC. It started off with very severe thunderstorms with driving rain, tornado warnings, and tremendous lightning strikes, one of which struck a 2.4 million gallon unleaded gasoline tank, setting it on fire, and threatening other tanks nearby. They're saying it may take two days to burn itself out, and you can feel the heat a mile away. If that wasn't enough, a builing has been evacuated because it got so much water on the roof that the roof is collapsing, and now Brush Creek, which runs through part of the city and has caused deadly floods before, is close to overflowing its banks.

Attachments

• fire1.jpg
    fire1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 165
  • fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 154
The storms that came through here were fierce, I don't think there were any tornado touchdowns, but rain and lightning were worse than I've seen in a long time.

Wow! That is one major fire. Two days for it to burn itself down will seem like an eternity to those living near the facility.

Not good! Seems like the midwest is getting hit with all kinds of freaky weather this year.

We've had so much rain, the farmers are still not in the fields yet. No one is plowing, no one is planting.

Wow! That is one major fire. Two days for it to burn itself down will seem like an eternity to those living near the facility.

The good thing about it is it's in an industrial area, so the closest homes are several blocks away. It looks to me like it's going to burn out quicker than they're saying--maybe a third of the tank is left now.

More storms moving in--this has been one stormy Spring!

Not good! Seems like the midwest is getting hit with all kinds of freaky weather this year.

We've had so much rain, the farmers are still not in the fields yet. No one is plowing, no one is planting.

That's the truth, if I remember correctly, Kansas had over eighty tornados in the month of May alone!

Back in "74" we had 6 twister one night here in Emporia. The paper this morning said that the conditions are lining up just like in "74" paper said to be on the look out late Thur night or Fri morning

Back
Top Bottom