Coin Roll Hunting?... oh now I get it!

Stopped by the bank on the way home this evening. No rolls of halves but they did have $14 loose. Found a nice 1964!
Also picked up some quarter and nickel rolls but no luck there. Probably just stick to halves from now on.

You spend silver halves? Seems a bit odd? Why would you spend a half dollar worth $4-11 depending on silver content.....with a face value of only fifty cents?

If nothing else give them to your kids, or someone needy if you really dont care??

Must be nice to have so much money you can spend silver halves and not even care :laughing::laughing:

Where did you get those numbers? I'm seeing $3-9. I thought you couldn't remelt coins as it was illegal so does it really matter to collect them as the circulated ones don't have collector value because they are scratched up.

Where did you get those numbers? I'm seeing $3-9. I thought you couldn't remelt coins as it was illegal so does it really matter to collect them as the circulated ones don't have collector value because they are scratched up.

You can sell silver coins for melt as it is legal to do so. Nickels and pennies are the only coins illegal to melt.

Coin roll hunting is something I pretty much do in the winter up here in frozen Wisconsin. If I could dig year round, I would much rather do that, but there are 3-4 months that are pretty much impossible to do that.
Congrats on your silver halves.

Back
Top Bottom