I need a detector for general stuff.........

ta0093

:?: This is my first logon so here goes. I am looking for a detector to use here in Tx took find coins and rings to start with. I am wanting quality not chinese junk. I am wanting suggestions so anything here would be appreciated. Thanks and good hunting!.........

Hi. Welcome to the hobby and the forum. Basically you have to first decide what you want to spend on a detector , whether or not you want target ID. You already know what you want to look for but you have to also decide where. All of these things will help us tell you what would be a "best" choice for you. Hope to talk to you soon.

Hmm good point, I will spend around $200- 250 or so and I don't know about target?.. is that good?...

THANKS!!! I will order the ACE and get some pic's of stuff I find!....

I do have one question, has anybody ever bought A used Garrett 250?.. I have seen some pretty good deals at around 165.00 and 175.00 ?......

for an ace 250 buy new and buy from tony :grin: support your local forum people and they in turn will support you. i also have an ace250 i like it and its gotten me some great finds. question ?have you ever done MDing before ? if so did you enjoy it? if you enjoyed it and think you want to have this as a hobby for a long time then i would save a few extra bucks and maybe go with the minelab extera 50 i beleive . the reason i say this is because i was like you starting out and bought the 250 ive had it for a year now and need to up grade for greater depth and hunting abillity mine lab is a great machine, garrets are also good. for around 800$ you can get a great machine that will do just about anything you want it to except dig the hole so think about this before you buy. there are really some many choices out there for a new or used detector so good luck and happy hunting. hopoe this helps some. from another happy 250 hunter

I want to stay with a Garrett due to they are made here in Tx and I only live 40 or so miles from the factory. What Garrett is up from the 250?......

Back
Top Bottom