Best Detector for a beginner?

hernanhr

I was hoping to get some help selecting my first metal detector, I know everyone has an option but I looking for help on deciding thinks like which brand name is better then the other and what are some of the important options to look for, vibrate or not. That kink of stuff.

First off hernanhr, welcome to the forum. If you look back through the forum I think you will see that the Garrett ACE250 seems to be the weapon of choice for the beginner. Its a light weight machine, easy to learn, and won't give your wallet a belly ache. Although having a top of the line machine is nice, if you are just starting out, it can be a tad overwhelming to the new person to the hobby. This can, and has caused a lot of new MD'ers to give up on the hobby. Just depends on what you are willing to pay for your first machine.

Thanks for the help, I?ve looked over the Garrett Ace 250 and it looks exactly like what I?m looking for. Besides the Ace 250 does Garrett make an even better unit? I was expecting to spend around $450 - $500. Don't get me wrong, if the Garrett Ace 250 is still the best I'll go ahead and get that one. I?m just am trying to get the best for my money.

Hey, hernanhr, Good to see you come aboard, and every one welcomes your questions. I am sure some one can, probably not me, I am new also.
There is a site that you can read up on just about all mD's. check it out
I think it is findmall.com.':?:'

Thanks to all the people who helped me select my first MD. I ended up getting the Garrett GTAx 550, within 15 minutes of opening up the box I found the ring my daughter lost over 6 months ago! So far the only other things I?ve been able to find are old sardine cans, eight cents (1 nickel and 3 pennies) and nails, lots and lots of nails but I haven?t given up on finding the hiding place where that leprechaun is hiding his gold.

hrh

hernanhr said:
Thanks to all the people who helped me select my first MD. I ended up getting the Garrett GTAx 550, within 15 minutes of opening up the box I found the ring my daughter lost over 6 months ago!
hrh

I just love success stories. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom