Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 01-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by silver49009 View post
I see alot of competitors out there now chomping at the bit....

4 years ago when I first started detecting it appeared to be the propointer or nothing for an independent hand held unit.

We shall see....
Yep, and that's great news for us! It means the companies have to keep making them better or cheaper to stay competitive.

My Twitter https://twitter.com/TheSilverFiend
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/detecting_silver/

Old 01-06-2015, 09:07 AM

Agreed

Old 01-06-2015, 05:19 PM

Exactly -

Old 01-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Martin_V3i View post
Question: "Why hasn't there been some key, well known detectorists been endowed with one of these new pointers to test and report?" What positive sense does that make?
Martin, there may in fact be some well known detectorists out there putting the new device through a beta test phase. However, they may have signed an NDA with Garrett. Possibly because the specifications aren't finalized and these are pre-production units.

Papa

Old 01-07-2015, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View post
Yep, and that's great news for us! It means the companies have to keep making them better or cheaper to stay competitive.
Well lets hope in Garrett's case this time around its "making them better & cheaper"

Now did you find anything to back up your previous hysterical rant or are you over that now???

Old 01-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Sponsor

We should be getting them around the first few days of Feb. Get on our list now by emailing me at bart@BigBoysHobbies.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
405-206-9010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Authorized

Minelab partner of the year 2012, Customer service awards '12 and '13.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Chad View post
Mehhhhh never mind the water proofing, how about garrett just makes one that doesn't false when pressure is applied to it. I've gone through 3 GPPs already and I don't hunt that often.
OR.. just don't press on it. It's not a digger, its a pinpointer. You shouldn't be applying pressure to it at all. Pass it over the dirt, use your digger to hack the clods apart or dig the dirt out of the hole.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by bowwinkles View post
Nearly ten years on their first attempt and they never managed to get it right. Let's hope that all that practice will be reflected in any new products they manage to get out. Their marketing folks may be setting the stage for what is to come.
Come again? The Garrett PP is the best pointer on the market. I own two and haven't had a lick of problems with either one. It doesn't need anything fixed.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by slag View post
Come again? The Garrett PP is the best pointer on the market. I own two and haven't had a lick of problems with either one. It doesn't need anything fixed.
You are very fortunate. I am sure there are a hundred members here on this forum that will say that they feel that Garrett has yet to get it right when it comes to the Pro Pointer. When it works, it works well but getting one that works well has been the problem. There will be a lot of "hands on" at the consumer electronics show this week and I think we will start to see if the scale has been moved up any by those who are fortunate enough to attend that show. There has to be improvement because that is the only direction left for them to go with the new water proof version.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:09 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by slag View post
Come again? The Garrett PP is the best pointer on the market. It doesn't need anything fixed.
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2015, 07:10 PM
24K Larry

Post some finds one of these days

Last edited by Cfmct; 01-11-2015 at 07:57 PM.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by itsaring! View post
why?

you have been using your imagination up until now -

give it another shot -

Old 01-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by itsaring! View post

I praise my Garrett products because they work, and you see them in my pictures being used hard.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:39 PM

ordered one from kellyco along with a small coil and extra shaft for my detector ,received everything but the pinpointer apparently its a pre order oops!! it cost me around 125.00,no clue when I'm getting it will call on Monday

Old 01-11-2015, 08:15 PM

Default Water proof the standard Pro Pointer.

You can wrap the button with electrical tape and make the current pin pointer water proof.