Lowes True temper vs Lesche digging tool

Infamous

Forum Supporter
So I thought the Lesche digging tool would be the end all be all digger. I used it for a couple of days and I am going back to my true temper. Has anyone else had the same experience? I feel like I just overpaid for a tool that should be 10 bucks.

Attachments

• 049206250086lg.jpg
    049206250086lg.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 5,546
I have the Fiskar's which is similar to the Ames. Although good and having used it for over 3 years, I didn't really ever care for the notch at the tip on it. Once I got the Lesche there was no turning back.

I have two of these TT diggers and they work great....heard lots of good things about both, but im fine with my two TT's....:)

I do have both. And to be honest the TT sucks in the summer’s very hard packed dirt. As you know with the TT, it has a very sharp edge. First aid kit sharp. The Lesche is my choice for the hard packed soil. But the TT is the tool for turf and tan bark playgrounds. My 2 cents worth.

I do have both. And to be honest the TT sucks in the summer’s very hard packed dirt. As you know with the TT, it has a very sharp edge. First aid kit sharp. The Lesche is my choice for the hard packed soil. But the TT is the tool for turf and tan bark playgrounds. My 2 cents worth.

Good to know I have been only digging turf. I will try the Lesche on hard dirt.

I've yet to use my Lesche in actual digging/cutting. For gold sites, it's of little use. For tot lots here that are pea gravel and shredded tires, my hands work faster. If we had some decent rain it might be a different story...

Dusty

Good to know I have been only digging turf. I will try the Lesche on hard dirt.

Bring them both here where I live, use each for 15 minutes in one of my rocky sites, pry up a couple of the boulders that seem to be in way too many areas around here, throw the TT in the garbage because it will be bent and unuseable or in pieces, and then tell me how the Lesche is a $10 tool after you stand on it, pry with it, cut through roots with it, and do it for years.

When I first started detecting I was using a butter knife, Now that was hell. But when I got the lecshe, I was happy. For me thats the right tool for the job.

Man....hostile....LOL......i use my TT in the turf...so it works fine...Im sure the other is a great tool.....I will prob pick one up eventually ....havent had hard turf out at my park yet....:)

OK, I'm a newb, but am I stating the obvious here? The Lesche is literally 4x-5x more expensive than the 7 in 1 (yeah, I got one too haha). I mean shouldn't it be at least twice as good and last at least twice as long?

Veterans here recommend it and I listen to them. So far, by listening to them I've been very pleased with my whole two times out experience.

The 7 in 1 did good for me the 2nd time out. It had just rained and it worked. Like another poster said, if it was hard, dry summer dirt I could tell that I'd be hurting.

I'm going to get one of those and a Raven probably (hopefully my finds will fund them!)

OK, I'm a newb, but am I stating the obvious here? The Lesche is literally 4x-5x more expensive than the 7 in 1 (yeah, I got one too haha). I mean shouldn't it be at least twice as good and last at least twice as long?

Veterans here recommend it and I listen to them. So far, by listening to them I've been very pleased with my whole two times out experience.

The 7 in 1 did good for me the 2nd time out. It had just rained and it worked. Like another poster said, if it was hard, dry summer dirt I could tell that I'd be hurting.

I'm going to get one of those and a Raven probably (hopefully my finds will fund them!)

I think I built the Lesche up so much in my head from all the positive posts. Then when it came in the mail I felt the handle was not as comfortable as the True Temper and the blade was on the thin side. I also like the sharp blade on the true temper it makes cutting plugs a snap but at the end of the day I think this will be preference like pepsi and coke. :roll:

I have only used the True Temper and so far it has been excellent and it was very cheap. I hunt tot lots, fields and parks and it excels under those conditions. I wouldn't never use any digger on boulders and the like if we had anything like that here. I like the shape edge as I run into alot of roots. Overall a great tool for this location.

JC

i've got an arsonal of diggin tools including the 7 in 1 from ames, it did cut very nice in softer soils but when it comes to harder packed ground and small stones thats where the lesche works great, the thing i don't like about the lesche is there isn't much of a V in the blade for pulling dirt outa a deep hole, actually the gatorback razor digger (looks like the lesche) has a better V to pull dirt out better but lacks the cutting edge(and i shapended mine). so to narrow it down i carry the lesche, seems to handle about any situation

Ive used the Lesche, Ames and Oxo tools. I prefer the Lesche tool over all of them. It seems to cut the easiest and has gone through some serious abuse so far.

I am thing about sharpening my Lesche, it's strong, but it don't find it to be sharp.

i also sharpened my lesche on a grinder...works great, i also added a serrated edge on both sides which really made a difference.

I keep all three of these in my truck. The orange one is from Kellyco and is great in med to hard soil. The TT is great in sandy to medium soil. The ugly thing on the left is great in hard to concrete soil. I paid less for all three than the lesche.

DSC_00012-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom