Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Coiltek electronics
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 08-15-2018, 05:47 AM

Default South Shore of Massachusetts

curious for now if anyone is out there.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:52 PM

I live in wareham, and hunt Buzzards Bay, the Cape and surrounding areas. Most of my time is spent in the water, and I try to make it out a couple of times a week.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:02 AM

hey how's it going,,,, did a hunt yesterday in Plymouth and got a couple dollars in clad,,,,, I was just getting the depth of water where the machine was beeping like crazy but the water was too deep for my non submersible machine.. found a used a submersible forsale I just PM'd the guy on buying it so I'll be back to that spot once I have that machine.,, learned the loot is where the pockets are submerged.

currently have a tip from my elderly neighbor on a swimming hole that was a popular spot in the 50's but its all brushed in and normal pond look now,, I did find 1 silver qtr and old coppers there in the woods nearby a couple years ago,, its all woods now but used to be a recreation area with a rope swing..

anyone out here currently hunt alone?

Old 08-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Tajue17 View post
curious for now if anyone is out there.
I live on the North Shore but would be willing to make the trip for a beach hunt.
Is it ok to detect on Plymouth beaches?

Old 08-18-2018, 08:18 PM

maybe someone else knows better But think so because its not part of the CC national seashore but my hunt was fresh water.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:17 AM

Plymouth beaches are fair game. The National Seashore, state beaches and state parks are off limits. I know of quite a few spots to detect, and have spare PI water machines if you would like to try one. I will have lots of free time after Labor Day, let me know if you would like to plan a hunt.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Big Ninnie View post
Plymouth beaches are fair game. The National Seashore, state beaches and state parks are off limits. I know of quite a few spots to detect, and have spare PI water machines if you would like to try one. I will have lots of free time after Labor Day, let me know if you would like to plan a hunt.
Sounds good I actually just bought a brand new MXSport I plan to use mostly in fresh once i figure it out but would love to try a full ocean machine,,, I know a couple salt water spots I can repay and show you,,, as a beginner with a F2 I was finding buffalo Nickels and a lot of clad,,, beach was there in the 40ís my father played there. now itís sea grass and mosquito traps and gravel thatís impossible with a basket scoop and tough on the leshe.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Elite Member

Always looking to meet up with folks, send me a PM if you ever want to hunt!

☆Shield-0~V's-1~Buff-1☆

Old 09-03-2018, 09:12 AM

headed out in a couple hours, 5 hidden fresh beaches and 3 home sites...

UPDATE So for today I decided to just stay in the water cause it was nice to cool off but finding a spot that didn't have swimmers , 2 nickels, 4 pennies, 1 dime, one spinner bait and about 6 weights , a bunch of pull tabs and caps and a sweet 14k peace sign that's engraved "Ritchie", so Ritchie I thank you for the gift,,,,,, I need to get a long handle scoop it was tough trying to use a hand scoop in 5' water lots of hits though once I get the beach scoop its over... also the MX Sport fully submerged with the waterproof phones worked flawlessly....

Last edited by Tajue17; 09-03-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:44 PM

Default Check out the October 6th Hunt

... in the Blue Hills Reservation in Milton.

Announcement at http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=260969

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett Propointer II, Gray Ghost Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger
~ This message was composed entirely from recycled electrons ~

Old 09-18-2018, 06:00 AM

so what are those hunts do they hide stuff for you to find or people can just hit the whole property there?

might be interested if its free roaming but if its a bunch of people in one area nah Id rather go a couple towns over to the old P cav training areas..

Old 09-27-2018, 12:58 PM
Elite Member

Just south of Providence, RI so not far.

Time is tight but hit me up sometime if you want to get out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Instagram @diggingri