10x14" DD Excelerator on Ace 350?

I would almost suggest you save up for a better tool to swing. We both work the long island area and we have 3 big problems... black sand, high salt and trash. You may want to save that money for a MD that can ground balance.

I'm still trying to find the most cost effective solution for these problems. Every fiber of my being screams Excalibur II but I'm not gonna have that kind of money anytime soon. I would love to get in the water but due to the trash and iron a PI is right out and that only leaves me the Beach hunter 300. Which I've herd has problems on north east sea beaches.

Money is a bit of an issue right now. I just had to drop $4,000 on a new tranny and transfer case for my truck.

I was out for a bit this evening before the rain came, and the detector seemed to work better than normal. Very few false signals in the wet sand, even with the sensitivity notched at 2 below max. Didn't find anything there, though; all my finds were in the dry sand. Typical bottle caps and pull-tabs, and just a handful of clad and one belly button ring. I didn't come across a whole lot of trash. Then again, it was my first time on the beach since March or so, so it could be picked pretty clean. Hopefully the weekend evening hunts show me some good drops.

But yeah, it looks like a new coil is all I'll be investing in for a while...

Back
Top Bottom