I received my Milspec cover today for the CTX!!

bigboar

Elite Member
I received my ctx cover today!!!!! It is the nicest detector cover I have ever owned. The quality is exceptional!! The fit is great and I love the way it uses the cord to cinch it down.. It is a work of art!!!!!

Pics dont do it justice but I am posting them anyways.... The design for working around the waterproof usb cap is great. I would also like to say, NED doesnt carry this product( I would like to see it happen though). I am only giving my personal opinion of it. If you are thinking about one of these Milspec covers do not hesitate! Contact them and order one. They are well worth it!!!

If my phone ever gets the pic showing how well the visor works sent to my email so I can upload it, I will be doing so!

Attachments

• ctxcover.jpg
    ctxcover.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 612
  • ctxcover2.jpg
    ctxcover2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 577
Yes alot of work went into that cover..I know all to well but will worth my time in helping out. My detector likes to hunt in the shade as well!!!

Still waiting - off the net

I am still awaiting my order and have not heard from any of their team since last week when I was told it would ship out Monday or Tuesday of this week. All emails since go unanswered.

I can't rate them very well on customer service at this point.

It's worth the wait. I love the cover on my CTX, but as I recall it took a month from ordering to receiving. I think their backed up with orders on their stuff.

Ok im not here to bash anyone, they put together good work but relying on one guy to sew might back them up a bit if they are on high demand. Im still waiting on a replacement cover for my CTX..mine fell apart completly now. I dont take it off but im thinking that my first design just was missing a few things that needed corrections.

If you read this can either of you contact me to get my stuff out please sorta need my ctx cover. I know its completed was suppose to be on my drop off months ago but now my CTX really needs its cover..old one is about to fall completly apart.

Mike - how was the fitment on your cover? The one pictured above does not look taunt at all.

Mike - how was the fitment on your cover? The one pictured above does not look taunt at all.

mak, the reflection makes it look bad. In person it looks great looking at the screen. you can pull it down pretty tight if you want but I leave mine a little loose so i can tuck the strings up in the back. I left the strings hanging down in the pic so people could see everything.

bigboar - thank you. I was wondering because the other photos I have seen look like they are taunt.

Mak..as we discussed its just fine..mine is perfect other then my stitching is shot below the where it slides down the control box. The stitching has completely broke away from the plastic so now my cover has wings!! I have shown them the issue I have (I dont take mine off nor did i ever tighten it down) with mine and promised me a replacement which when I ever receive it Im sure it will be better. Mine was one of the first ones produced so some things were still in the works. Hope you enjoy your new cover.

Mak..as we discussed its just fine..mine is perfect other then my stitching is shot below the where it slides down the control box. The stitching has completely broke away from the plastic so now my cover has wings!! I have shown them the issue I have (I dont
take mine off nor did i ever tighten it down) with mine and promised me a replacement which when I ever receive it Im sure it will be better. Mine was one of the first ones produced so some things were still in the works. Hope you enjoy your new cover.

Is it a problem with the materials, workmanship, or both?

It is a problem with customer service. They have none.

If you ever receive your item consider yourself lucky.

Any updates or no word?

I emailed the same address that I paypaled and they said something about an accident involving whoever sews, and my order would arrive shortly. Luckily within a week I received my cover, works awesome! Just took awhile.

Any updates or no word?

Yes - Just got a note from Van Q that my item was mailed yesterday vice last Saturday as I was originally told and that it will be here this Saturday.

Understand these are words of complete frustration as I have had similar experiences with two other vendors from this forum. It all comes down to effective and timely communication with those who pay you.

Good luck.

Mine was the second one that was produced..remember Van the guy who sews and I were the ones who came up with the design with my machine..thats all i have to do with these folks. I cant even get my replacement cover yet cause of them being behind i guess. The cover is great its just they made one fix to the bottom part of it so the stictching would not come apart..or least thats what I hope they did cause mine is in bad shape. Big Boar got the better of the 2 covers..i shipped him one and Van told me send him this one u keep the other one. WEll the other one was only the 2nd one made and its just not right...alls good now I guess. Now we need someone who sews!!!

Back
Top Bottom