Vintage Duck or Dog Call or Whistle ????

Bigpoppa

Forum Supporter
I recently found what appears to be Brass or Bronze this interesting piece...After cleaning all of the sand out it appears to have a fluted end like maybe it was some type of duck or dog call whistle...
The one side appears to have some threading inside, so possibly something was attached or was made of a different material and just disintegrated over time...
It appears to have some age to me and I just thought it was pretty cool..

I'm sure either one of you avid hunters or dogmen, must have a clue as to what it is...
Unfortunately I don't see any sort of markings anywhere, but it it is in great shape.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks !!

whistle2.jpg

whistle1.jpg

whistle.jpg

Thanks guys !!!

I blew into at home and couldn't get it to make any real sound, but my dogs went nuts :lol:

Maybe something is missing or damaged or it's just that they hear something that we don't ..

I just thought it was pretty cool :)

Thanks for reminding me! I found one that dropped out of my finds bag somewhere in my truck.It's real short and chrome plated.Was wondering if mine is some type old crackerjacks dog whistle.If i find it i'll post it.Had sand in it,so i didn't see if it whistled or not.I know you won't find one in new crackerjacks for sure.Unless it is some machine part that fell into the corn:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom