Couple items from 1906 home

Excorcist

My dad bought a property with a large 2 story home built in 1906, found 1 silver dime that was run over by a train, 6 wheat pennies, and theseu two interesting finds.

The one "button" looking thing (maybe pin as it has the flat piece in the back) has what appears to me to be a horse shoe, whip, and hat on it. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of origin?

The other thing is aluminum, and says "nevada condemned" and some sort of serial number on the back, Really interested in what this is, looks like it was circlular or ovular and clipped around something.

One of the early homeowners was a veterinarian during the first world war was thinking may have something to do with that but who knows??

20170422_210450_zps9t4fo7ng.jpg

20170422_210505_zpsymxcaoaa.jpg

I couldn't find any information on either item, but they are both cool! Nice hunting...I'll bet there's more there for you to find!

For the "condemned" tag, animals that showed signs of rabies, etc would be tagged with "US Condemned" metal tag in the ear/leg, to be put down, rather than slaughtered for food. So I'm guessing the equivalent from Nevada.

NICE! thanks for the ID!

Back
Top Bottom