Took the Dirt Fishin America (Idaho posse) to a couple cellar holes* Fugio* buttons

HEAVYMETALNUT

Forum Supporter
Todd,Frank & myself took 3 guys from Idaho to a couple cellar holes.Brandon,Eric & TJ also known as the Dirt Fishin America gang.Eric & Brandon scored their 1st shoe buckles which was a treasure in itself seeing the smile on their faces.we all got a few keepers from 2 new sites that i had found.was a day of hiking,detecting, and sharing detecting stories.great group of guys and had a blast.told them that they are welcome anytime they get back to new england. Ct Todd graciously hosted them for a few days and are they so ever grateful to you Todd!
my finds are a toasted 1787 Fugio,a few buttons,a broken silver thimble,a heart boot plate and a piece of chain.possible sword chain decoration? I'm not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0605.JPG
    IMG_0605.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 363
That's a hot day out with the guys. I just walked in here and they are sprawled all over the place still asleep you must have worn them out. Good. I cant tell which one it is but one of them is snoring soooo loud I can hear it from my desk as I type this LOL.They really wanted Colonial Shoe buckles and were all looking at mine so I'm sure they are very happy. See you soon Dave.

That's a hot day out with the guys. I just walked in here and they are sprawled all over the place still asleep you must have worn them out. Good. I cant tell which one it is but one of them is snoring soooo loud I can hear it from my desk as I type this LOL.They really wanted Colonial Shoe buckles and were all looking at mine so I'm sure they are very happy. See you soon Dave.
Ha Ha! yeah we took em for some ole fashioned New England hikin to some deep in the woods cellar holes :laughing: glad they did well.you set the bar high.
They have knocked off quite a few bucket list items on this east coast trip.

Awesome hunt more great history for your collection id like to come on down there sometime and hunt!

Nice going. Just curious, how did you identify the coin type and date?

Oh man! These New Englanders know how to hike! If I did that kinda hike everyday (like I should) I'd be in great shape! Soooooo much fun guys! What an adventure! Eric Finnally got himself a copper and pulled the sweetest brass show buckle I've ever seen. What a day! 7 very long days have caught up with us. I'll try to post up some pics a little bit later. Thanks again to Dave, Todd and Frank!

Great finds, as usual. Those Dirt Fishin' guys have a pretty good gig going. Hook up with fellow hunters that consistently have amazing finds. Pretty good odds of making some great finds. Now if I could find a way to swing a week long road trip of detecting..........

Congrats on that Fugio Dave - just found my first today as well... Thrilled. BB_in_Maine

Back
Top Bottom