New Minelab Equinox

Now remember i am not saying do not buy one! I am just saying do not sell off the farm just yet, you might be disappointed depending on where you currently reside on the technology graph with your current machines. I have one on order myself for my personal testing. You guys really do not know how bad i would like the multi freq to be as good or better than FBS 2, but screen needed to be bigger and in color etc...... and it is not. My guess is it will be very on par to the safari with single digit screen ID. No fe/co and a disc screen like etrac or ctx.

Betcha a nickel you will soon be able to upgrade it online to a high level machine, maybe including an all new color screen, new features, all done by software. The screen does seem a little small for that though.

I think the Equinox will compliment my Impact and visa versa.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not loyal to any particular brand, I'll use what works for me in my hunting conditions. Although I will wait for some solid reviews on the equinox before pulling the trigger, just like I did with the impact, Jeeez, the impact is already a great machine and I'm still learning its language so no real rush to get my hands on the Equinox.

The Explorer XS,which I still own,does not have FE #s and performed as well as my II.These are tone machines first and foremost.You know your machine and tone tells you dig,you dig!If this machine does as well as the XS with light weight,then I'm in,but we will all see.

For most that probably works fine and 10 years ago I'd been fine with it, but today my time has to count and I have become very selective. That means when I bend over to recover I have a 90%+ odds that it will be a keeper. I can only do that have both FE to indicate the ferrous content, and CO to indicate the conductive content of the target. I would just about bet the farm I go home with far less trash, if any, than the vast majority of other hunters. And I have had many come behind me thinking I've got to be missing some good stuff. So far they've been very disappointed LOL.

Sound is simply one form of target information. And no matter how well you think you know your detector, you will be wrong more than you think. If you're a beep-N-digger then tone only is fine, but fora selective hunter, the more information you can get back from a target the better your odds are of making the right decision to recover or not.

For most that probably works fine and 10 years ago I'd been fine with it, but today my time has to count and I have become very selective. That means when I bend over to recover I have a 90%+ odds that it will be a keeper. I can only do that have both FE to indicate the ferrous content, and CO to indicate the conductive content of the target. I would just about bet the farm I go home with far less trash, if any, than the vast majority of other hunters. And I have had many come behind me thinking I've got to be missing some good stuff. So far they've been very disappointed LOL.

Sound is simply one form of target information. And no matter how well you think you know your detector, you will be wrong more than you think. If you're a beep-N-digger then tone only is fine, but fora selective hunter, the more information you can get back from a target the better your odds are of making the right decision to recover or not.

If I didn't have the FE number to aid in identification it would break my balls. I dig SO little trash I don't wear a pouch anymore. One pocket for the occasional nail or pull tab and the other,well reinforced double stitched heavy duty pocket for all the coins! And I'm not even kidding. I have had my Explorer2 for going on 3 years. I can count on ONE HAND the number of crown caps I've dug. Without that FE number that amount would be WAY higher. Like you I'm selective and play the odds. The more info,the less gambling you're really doing,as you know!
Good post.

You guys that worry about numbers must not relic hunt and/or hunt some areas littered with modern trash.

Ok i spent a lot of time watching and reading everything i could about the New Equinox last nite.

1. It has the ability to switch freq's ,,,,, that has been done already

2. It has the ability to change reactivity...... been done already

3. It has a backlight. been done

4. it can notch... been done

5. it has noise cancel .... been done

6. it has park, beach, field, gold modes.... been done already

7. It is lightweight..... been done already

8. looks like good depth. been done already

9. multiple coil options. been done already

10. i can go on and on and on and on..... been done already!

Only thing in question is the multi freq option which has only been done by cz,v3,minelab and maybe a foreign machine i am not familiar with.

They have not shown that feature anywhere that i can find yet.

DID THEY COMBINE A LOT OF NICE FEATURES FROM A LOT OF OTHER DETECTORS INTO ONE UNIT.... YES!

For what i see it is a nice unit with a nice price and that is it!

When i see a bigger screen like v3i in color with fbs2 or better tech,,,, I WILL GET EXCITED TOO!!

Until then it is just a nice combo of features from other machines in a nice tight , light , waterproof package that will sell very well.... but not a game changer in performance.

Why are they hiding the multi freq part of this machine? My guess is to increase HYPE which they have done very very well when i read this forum and others.

Yeah,
Just watch how many of these sell.

Minelab made a one size fits MORE models !!!!
And for good price!!!

Not a boat anchor,,waterproof!!!

Color screen won't make the detector feel any better, or lighter, or make it find any more targets.

Go Minelab.
I have been critical in the past,,for good reason.

I can't find a weak point on these yet for the $$$$ they cost.

Need to know warranty period.

Fbsers now can buy these to augment explorers, Etrac and CTX.

Keep The Info Flowing

I bought my wife a Tesoro Mojave last year as a present and have spent the last year as her digger. We are both approaching retirement and can use the exercise so.......... I have been reading and watching forums and youtube as it is about time i get off my knees digging and start to find my own treasures. The new Equinox seems to be about the right price, and has features that would upgrade our experiences, especially on the beaches of the outer banks in North Carolina. Please post real life testing when units are made available.........and info on when it will be released to the public. Thanks to all of you much more experienced than we are, helps to not only educate us, but to help us not make financial bad decisions on buying units based on bs and not fact..........

Ok i spent a lot of time watching and reading everything i could about the New Equinox last nite.

Only thing in question is the multi freq option which has only been done by cz,v3,minelab and maybe a foreign machine i am not familiar with.

DID THEY COMBINE A LOT OF NICE FEATURES FROM A LOT OF OTHER DETECTORS INTO ONE UNIT.... YES!

When i see a bigger screen like v3i in color with fbs2 or better tech,,,, I WILL GET EXCITED TOO!!

Until then it is just a nice combo of features from other machines in a nice tight , light , waterproof package that will sell very well.... but not a game changer in performance.

Why are they hiding the multi freq part of this machine? My guess is to increase HYPE which they have done very very well when i read this forum and others.

If it works well in the salt then it will be the cheapest unit to do this by far

You guys that worry about numbers must not relic hunt and/or hunt some areas littered with modern trash.

You're pretty much right. I myself don't do much relic hunting, but when I do, I still avoid the iron by watching the FE numbers.

Am I missing stuff? Possibly. Has it been proven yet that I am? No! and many have tried.

You're pretty much right. I myself don't do much relic hunting, but when I do, I still avoid the iron by watching the FE numbers.

Am I missing stuff? Possibly. Has it been proven yet that I am? No! and many have tried.

Well,
This is Equinox thread.
But will say this here.
Anyone who is using fbs/fbs2, Deus and LF coils.
If you think you are getting all coin sized nonferrous out of the ground.
You might think again!!!
Just yesterday afternoon, another multiple episode scenario where nonferrous targets were found.
I'll let folks guess what detector and coil I was using.
Most of these finds not tied to nail or iron masking for not being found previously using other model /coil configured units. Stand alone nonferrous mostly. Now iron bits or rust (undetectable could be part of the reason for masking). Head to head done on some,,,eye opening!!
Any one of these nonferous found could have been $1 or $2.50 gold coin, even could have been flying eagle cents, 3 cent Ni coins etc.

Last edited:
There's advantages of being able to double check targets in both single LF/HF/Multiple frequency, that's a major bonus for some of us with items that are hard to disc out like coke, or to run in mineralised soil etc, maybe not new tech(to be confirmed) but certainly the right mix of tech for many.

I have said what i said! I do not see hundreds of Etracs, Ctx's on the forums or ebay for sale so i think that pretty much says that whether most are willing to admit it or not that this is not the end all machine or holy grail of detectors lol! Or at least they do not believe strongly enough that they are rushing to sell machines yet, and i hope you do not cause i really think you will be disappointed in the end. If this was a Deus, Impact, ctx rolled into one lightweight waterproof machine i PROMISE YOU IT WOULD NOT BE 800 dollars!!!!!!! It would be more like 3000 or more and i promise you peeps would buy the hell out of them! What do you wanna sell your product for, 800 or 3000 ??? a no brainer to me. Actually this is one time i would like to be wrong but my common sense says , if it too good to be true, it usually is. And the marketing makes no sense what so ever to me. If Feb rolls around and i am wrong i will post publicly a big fat I WAS WRONG! and will actually be happy to do so lol!

Volume sales my friend...volume. I did sell off some of my extra stuff now at what I believe is still full retail on used equipment but watch once this machine releases and does perform like it should or shows to do so. Brandon Niece has been a friend of mine for a while and I dont believe he is out to screw us all with his info and he is one of many testing this unit. He has been actually testing this machine for over 6 months. Like you said I hope its all true but time will tell. First indications is watch out...we have a winner!!

Back
Top Bottom