This is what happens when you are infected and you don't give a damn

Rudy

Admin
This is what happens when you are infected and you don't give a damn –
A coronavirus "super-spreader" who refused to self-isolate after traveling prompted the quarantine of about 40,000 people in India, officials said.

Residents from 20 villages in northern India have been quarantined after coming in contact with a 70-year-old man at a Sikh festival of Hola Mohalla, which attracts about 10,000 per day of the six-day festival in mid-March, BBC reported.

The man refused to self-quarantine after traveling back to India from Italy and Germany, according to the BBC report. He died shortly after the festival and was posthumously diagnosed with the coronavirus.

BBC reported that a week after his death, 19 of his relatives tested positive for the coronavirus, which causes a respiratory disease known as COVID-19.

"So far, we have been able to trace 550 people who came into direct contact with him and the number is growing. We have sealed 15 villages around the area he stayed," an official told BBC. Another five adjoining villages were later put on lockdown as well.

The coronavirus has infected more than half a million people worldwide, and the global death toll has surpassed 27,000. In India alone, the country has nearly 900 cases and 20 deaths, but with one of the lowest testing rates in the world, experts believe the figures could be much higher, BBC reported.

India imposed a nationwide lockdown for 21 days earlier this week, impacting 1.3 billion people.

"There will be a total ban on venturing out of your homes," India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in a televised address, though residents are still able to buy essentials like medicine and food.

Wrong on so many levels. He decided to leave a gift that keeps on giving. Thanks alot. Jerk.

Humans are extremely dangerous, panicy and selfish......It is advisable to avoid them at all costs..Myself included.

Hang on boys, its fittin to get pretty nautical up in here for the next 6 weeks on this inhospitable Planet...Hope y'all got yourselves squared away...

Last edited:
Humans are extremely dangerous, panicy and selfish......It is advisable to avoid them at all costs..Myself included.

Hang on boys, its fittin to get pretty nautical up in here for the next 6 weeks on this inhospitable Planet...Hope y'all got yourselves squared away...

You are right about all that Mud. I got a buddy who is a prepper , survivalist , doomsdayer , etc. He's got an arsenal , security cameras all over , food , etc. The 1 thing he doesn't have is common sense and brains. He still doesn't wear PPE when going out in public. He is also a high risk guy. I have told him if it starts to go down , your not going to feel like pulling a gun out because you're gonna be too sick or worse. Mind you , he lives in a condo ! Not out in the boonies. He still doesn't get it....

I was telling a friend tonight "it's not like during WW2 where AMERICANS were donating there copper etc, buying war bonds for the war effort.". Now everyone is out for themselves. Hording, ______ (damn can't think of the word with concussion) selling stuff for 10x the right price etc. Sad what this country has became..

I was telling a friend tonight "it's not like during WW2 where AMERICANS were donating there copper etc, buying war bonds for the war effort.". Now everyone is out for themselves. Hording, ______ (damn can't think of the word with concussion) selling stuff for 10x the right price etc. Sad what this country has became..
Can you really blame Americans, we’ve known no hardship since WWII, 75 years.

During WWII, there were price control boards, rationing, and public shaming of hoarders. Even the radio programs got into the act. I remember an episode of Fibber McGee & Molly where Fibber bought some black market steak, and bragged about knowing where to get meat, only to have his friends refuse all such meat, including Mrs. Uppington who needed something to serve the soldiers who were going to be eating at her house. The final straw was when Doc Gamble was talking about a family he had to treat who had bought tainted meat on the black market and got sick. Fibber finally got the hint and threw his out, and a dog turned up his nose at it. The "salesman" who sold it to Fibber said that it would really make your eyes...er...mouth water.

The price control boards worked, because they could control the price all the way up and down the supply chain, which, with our products being imported from overseas, probably couldn't work today. I have no idea what we can do about hoarders, unless the merchants themselves limited purchases ("You want 6 24-packs of TP? Show me that you have 144 rear ends and I'll sell it to you!").

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom