lockdown movies and series

Steve

Forum Supporter
Feel free to add to the list. What's your favourite epidemic movie? Regular tv series?
And/or what are you watching?
Movie; Contagion
Tv series; Married with children

Some notable movies.. 28 days later, 12 monkeys.

Hearing a lot of talk about the Tiger King Docu series.

Believe it or not we are just entering the last season of Sopranos. I think I'm the last one in the world to watch it by the sounds of it. The way everyone talked I was expecting more, it good but not great. Yeah I wouldn't spend the money for HBO even when it was cool.

My all time favorite series streaming was Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men was good.

Married with Children was one of the best sitcoms ever made. There is alot of YouTube stuff on the show from Al's dealing with his customers to some guy did a video of just "Kelly" boyfriend's getting beat up by Al.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Married with Children was one of the best sitcoms ever made. There is alot of YouTube stuff on the show from Al's dealing with his customers to some guy did a video of just "Kelly" boyfriend's getting beat up by Al.

I'm on season 4 now. Even funnier now than it was 30 years ago

Might be a good time to watch "The Detectorists" seasons again...

Please don't bring up Diggers and that Randy Savage Boom Baby stuff. That would send this thread down a rabbit hole for sure:lol: SHHHHHHHHH

The thread at the link below could give you some ideas of old movies and shows that included someone using a metal detector in them -

TV shows, movies, cartoons, commercials, with scenes with or about metal detectors

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248540

…..and in between shows and movies with metal detectors in them you could throw in a little humor and watch this excerpt from the "RED GREEN" show :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Might be a good time to watch "The Detectorists" seasons again...

Bingo! I finally watched the last episode of Season 3 earlier this week...I had never watched it because I didn’t want to end the series! Silly, I know, but the series is that good! Seasons 1 and 2 were better than the last one imho, but still well done.

Please don't bring up Diggers and that Randy Savage Boom Baby stuff. That would send this thread down a rabbit hole for sure:lol: SHHHHHHHHH

Oh no, don’t worry...”The Detectorists” isn’t “reality” TV! It’s a very well done British comedy/drama TV series centered around a pair of detectorists and their club. The humor is typically British, so not for everyone, but worth a look, especially during lockdown :yes: I definitely plan to re-watch the entire series again in the coming weeks!

....12 monkeys.

Excellent, often overlooked movie!! And one of my favorite post-apocalyptic/sci-fi flicks! Time travel, civilization ending plague, Bruce Willis action...it’s got a little of everything, including maybe one of Brad Pitt’s best acting performances :lol:

Wow, this could be a long list, we are watching a TON of stuff being stuck inside...
Series
Ozark, The Sinner, Killing Eve was good, always enjoy Grand Designs, Hannibal was a good freaky one from a few years ago, of course Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, I have even been watching episodes of This Old House (that show has been on FOREVER) just found Archer which has 10 seasons out to keep me busy for a few days (light and stupid comedy), Bojack Horseman was good, The Wire was an excellent cop show. The Handmaids Tale will make you a bit uneasy but is well done. If you are interested in seeing two British guys tear apart and rebuild a Mini over a looooong series of episodes on youtube Project Binky is a good one to watch.
Lots of good stuff out there...

Last edited:
Wow, this could be a long list, we are watching a TON of stuff being stuck inside...
Series
Ozark, The Sinner, Killing Eve was good, always enjoy Grand Designs, Hannibal was a good freaky one from a few years ago, of course Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, I have even been watching episodes of This Old House (that show has been on FOREVER) just found Archer which has 10 seasons out to keep me busy for a few days (light and stupid comedy), Bojack Horseman was good, The Wire was an excellent cop show. The Handmaids Tale will make you a bit uneasy but is well done. If you are interested in seeing two British guys tear apart and rebuild a Mini over a looooong series of episodes on youtube Project Binky is a good one to watch.
Lots of good stuff out there...

Yup... I'm even watching old shows of Dirty Jobs and Heroes. Running out of shows now

Currently on the last season of Hell on Wheels. Not really historically accurate, but still a fun watch and makes me really want to go relic hunting.

Fools Gold
Captain Ron
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Couples Retreat
The Hangover
The Heartbreak Kid
Old School
Tommy Boy
Super bad
Wedding Crashers
Overboard

That 70's Show
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down

Y'all need to get out of that recliner and start doing some spring yard work.
I am....but I don't subscribe to streaming services, either.

Roger

Hearing a lot of talk about the Tiger King Docu series.

My wife forced me to sit through that. He was an interesting individual but pretty rough docu, If I had to do it over again I'd rather pull up old episodes of Dallas and Dynasty and then shoot myself in the head.

Call me crazy, but In stressful times, I like to watch Mr. Rogers reruns!....He settles me down, brings me back to a level equilibrium of peacefulness so I can think clearly.....

With my sensitive and tightly wound mental propensities, I dont need any additional external TEOTWAWKI fuel to get me all wee-weed up more than normal...

I need Mr Rogers calmness so I can think clearly to fight off the zombies! ...I have no use for Mr. McFeely or Handyman Negry, or that annoying ding ding ding Trolly trolly HO train interruptions....

Gimme Lady Eberlin in yoga pants and a few sock puppets for 15 minutes. and I'm gold! :laughing::laughing:

Lady Eberlin would look so HOT in a bikini and slinging a 12ga streetsweeper!

How about Smokey and the Bandit? Anybody big fans of the first one?

Back
Top Bottom