Battle of Chancellorsville part 2

VA-REB

Forum Supporter
Went back out with my neighbor again today. The land we went on today is associated with Jackson’s flank attack, if you are familiar with that. The land has been hunted over the years but we did manage a few bullets. My neighbor got one and I got 5. All of the bullets we dug were fired bullets. These bullets would have all been from the union army return fire. Unfortunately we couldn’t go on to the land where the yanks actually were and hopefully find some Confederate bullets. This is all private property and we did not have permission to go on to that land. Anyway it is pretty neat to me knowing that these particular bullets are a part of that specific engagement. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• FDEEB6F6-DE13-4F39-9FD0-E03F5B8307B6.jpg
    FDEEB6F6-DE13-4F39-9FD0-E03F5B8307B6.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 306
  • 84E433DF-7142-487F-B7C1-2F8928B63FFD.jpg
    84E433DF-7142-487F-B7C1-2F8928B63FFD.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Nice! I'd like to get back up there. I have a nephew who lives in Lake of the Woods subdivision, but can't get him to hunt anymore.

I guess you know that your nephew is pretty close to both the Wilderness and Chancellorsville. I feel very fortunate that my neighbor takes me out. He has access to a lot of very nice grounds.

I guess you know that your nephew is pretty close to both the Wilderness and Chancellorsville. I feel very fortunate that my neighbor takes me out. He has access to a lot of very nice grounds.
Yeah...he's showed me a lot of nice, mixed relics he's dug up there. It's a shame I can't get him to hunt anymore. Can't even get him to hunt down here. He has a friend up there who has some property and I tried to get him to hook up with his friend for a group hunt (4). No luck. Good luck hunting!

Back
Top Bottom