First Water hunt---Success!

TheKrustyClad

Hello there all,
Still new to this whole thing and learning fast (or trying to at least!). The beach didn't look right when I got there this morning and I knew something was fishy. Sure enough, in an area where I average about 1 target/minute with a good number of coins, I didn't get a single hit for the 20 minutes that I tried. No bottle caps, pops top, crusty pennies, nothing! All the sand was moved about and the water's edge was not where it was a few weeks ago. That's okay, I was here for a water hunt today and the weather allowed, so I moved onto that. I figured the water area where I was was sanded in, so I walked down the beach a ways to where the beach didn't look as disturbed. There was an inconsistent swell of about a foot which made things difficult but still do-able. Put in about five hours and pulled a much better ratio of heavier coins to lighter coins and trash. I will definitely be setting up to do more water hunts.

Only about 55 hours in, and my fourth solid ring!

A 925 silver spinner ring with elephants on it. It's 9 mm and weighs 13.7 grams.

Attachments

• Sub 1.jpg
    Sub 1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 424
  • Sub 2.jpg
    Sub 2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 359
  • Sub 3.jpg
    Sub 3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 347
Very nice hunt. Congrats
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Now thats a hunt any of us would be proud of! Way to go! Thats a nice heavy ring there Krusty! Good Work!
Mud

Thanks! I was surprised at how heavy it was when I first picked it up. Still am!

Nice big silver ring.:yes:

Thanks for looking. Indeed it is. An elephant ring for an elephant hand lol. It doesn't fit on any of my fingers.

Great hunt there. Congratulations on the ring

Thank you good sir!

Congrats! What state are you in?

Hey there David! I'm in the southeast quadrant of Florida. Thank you!

Awesome rescue with that chunk of silver. Nice looking design too.

Yeah, I'm really digging the elephants (<-- pun intended). They're pretty cool. AND it's a spinner ring. Even more fun!

Wow that's a nice heavy silver ring, Congrats!!

Thank you, it's very heavy indeed.

Congrats stranger!!! lol

Thanks Josh:D

Good hunt there! Sometimes I go expecting to hunt the deeper water and move to wet sand and sometimes the reverse or a combination. You just never know until you get there and try to work as best the conditions that you are given.

Back
Top Bottom