NEW heater ...and... NEW heartbreaker

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
Thanks to Phil @ Meyers metal detectors, I 'm rockin a new-to-me heater, a Blue 1000 with a 10" coil. The 10" coil sure looks tiny compared to the Explorer's 15" WOT doesn't it????

It was getting dark, but a quick run by the beach found a few oldies, some felix's and (1) heartbreaker. Eh, regardless I'd say I'm off to a good start. :cool:

H/H, -David

Attachments

• heater1.jpg
    heater1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 509
  • heater2.jpg
    heater2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 495
  • heater3.JPG
    heater3.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 509
Looks like you're off to a good start!
Best of luck to you with the new setup!

Congrats

On the Blue, I was 2nd on that, you got it, and i see you paid for it already :shock: good job on the Ice bro, you will like it, Earl

Nice. Welcome to the club! Looks like a Plugger CF, big knobs, knob guard... but you know what you gotta do, right?

It's easy and you won't regret it!

And in about six months, you're gonna want that other mod.. :yes:

R5

I swear if your a sovereign man then the excal will be your spoil. Look at Craig, he was a PI man, and used the sovereign.. Now all he uses is his Excalibur.. Congrads on the new machine! Down the road maybe we can get the thing Hot Rodded! :takeoff:

Good luck with the new machine!

Dave, Looks like you are off to a good start. Thanks again. HH, Phil

Nice. Welcome to the club! Looks like a Plugger CF, big knobs, knob guard... but you know what you gotta do, right?
...And in about six months, you're gonna want that other mod.. :yes:
R5
Oooooh snap! awesome vid, but but this is my unicorn that I don't want to screw up. Hoping to convince one of the pro's to do it. :D

...Down the road maybe we can get the thing Hot Rodded! :takeoff:
Heck yeah! Just waiting in-line for you to squeeze in the P/P mod. What's my ticket number? :yes:

You mentioned you got a sword. That is not a sword, it is an excal 1000 with a coil change making it an excal 800. Great machine, only complaint being they false when salt water washes across the pod. That small coil is hot but you have to dig signals that sound crap0la because it is not strong on targets over 11 inches. It will hear them but they sound bad. So, DIG IT. :D

This is a sword.

Attachments

• xcal 078.jpg
    xcal 078.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 460
Imalookin

I looked at this entire thread 3 times, he never mentioned a Sword at all, that smoke must be some good stuff down their :lol:, he said, and posted a pick of his heater Excalibur ( Blue ) 1000 , The best Excalibur ever made, congrads again on your machine & Ice, Earl

I looked at this entire thread 3 times, he never mentioned a Sword at all, that smoke must be some good stuff down their :lol:, he said, and posted a pick of his heater Excalibur ( Blue ) 1000 , The best Excalibur ever made, congrads again on your machine & Ice, Earl
Thx Earl, you sure gave me a chuckle and glad to see I got "the right one". He had been giving me some tips on selecting a machine and accessories via PM. In the pm I said sword. (....and that's the rest of the story) =)

I swear if your a sovereign man then the excal will be your spoil. Look at Craig, he was a PI man, and used the sovereign.. Now all he uses is his Excalibur.. Congrads on the new machine! Down the road maybe we can get the thing Hot Rodded! :takeoff:

This is a great thread.....:yes: (Can't wait for Craig to chime in on why he switched from the Sov. to the Excal......:lol:) Congrats on the new machine by the way.....;)

I just noticed your machine has the wrong headphones. I already knew the coil was changed but the headphones were changed too. Might not be a 1000 at all. Everything looks as if a 1000 sticker was put on and Excal 2. The 1000 headphones are blue and MUCH better than those yellow phones.

Not your business but he PM'd me before the post. Go back to sleep.

I just noticed your machine has the wrong headphones. I already knew the coil was changed but the headphones were changed too. Might not be a 1000 at all. Everything looks as if a 1000 sticker was put on and Excal 2. The 1000 headphones are blue and MUCH better than those yellow phones.

From my memory the blue Excaliburs came new with yellow Koss headphones at the end of its production run around 2008 prior to the Excalibur II detectors being sold, might be the case for the Excal pictured or the blue headphones may have very well been replaced at some time. I do agree that the blue headphones are way better than the yellow Koss. Either way congrats on the new machine! My blue 1000 that I bought new in 2005 is still a
solid and dependable detector after all these years.

I did a quick search and came across this thread from another forum in 2007 talking about the "new" headphones on Excaliburs at the time - http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,465955,465955

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom