Is it gold?

Top-USMC

Forum Supporter
Found these two during a 4 hour hunt today.

One is junk but kind of interesting and heavy.

The gold colored one looks like gold to me. The stones test good. There is tiny etching on each side of the stones. The only mark is a 10 inside of an oval. It fails the 14k acid test. Is it 10k?

Attachments

• 20161130_keepers.jpg
    20161130_keepers.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 302
Amazon ships most products to Brazil, many of their independent sellers ship to all countries.
You need to make sure because this is acid so maybe different rules but I don't assume a big problem and shipping costs shouldn't be outrageous on such a small package.

Looks good from here, but pictures can be deceiving. Are there any jewelry shops you trust down there that you can take it to and have them test it?

It looks good from here Top!...Its got the right weight per the size for being gold....Plus, I know you are hunting salt, so if it was a fake, I would think it would have been blown all to hell...

FWIW, I absolutely hate those tiny low weight 10k rings!... When I see them come up in the scoop, I'm like "DAMMIT! You shoulda been a great big chain!" :laughing:
Mud

My guess is that it's probably good. Get better close-up pictures.

Put a little water in the 14K acid to make it 10K acid
:laughing:

Now see; there is a real solution. :roll:

I think you might have 10k. Last oval I had said AVON on the inside:lol:

Hmm, pretty sure it isn't Avon. :p

Amazon ships most products to Brazil, many of their independent sellers ship to all countries.
You need to make sure because this is acid so maybe different rules but I don't assume a big problem and shipping costs shouldn't be outrageous on such a small package.

The shipping isn't a problem. It is the "surprise" import fees that are the killer. As an example I had a software company send me a free hoodie/sweatshirt for participating in a beta test. The import fee was R$100. My Bounty Hunter cost me more than twice the original price because I ordered it (in 2008) without knowing about the fees.

I think I'll bring back a better test kit on my next trip to the US in March.

Looks good from here, but pictures can be deceiving. Are there any jewelry shops you trust down there that you can take it to and have them test it?

:no:

FWIW, I absolutely hate those tiny low weight 10k rings!... When I see them come up in the scoop, I'm like "DAMMIT! You shoulda been a great big chain!" :laughing:
Mud

I know; RIGHT? What a PITA those tiny little things are to find. :shock:

My guess is that it's probably good. Get better close-up pictures.

Oh! So now you want me to get another hobby learning to take better photos? :laughing:

Seriously though, I know my phone can probably take better ones but darn if I can make it work better right now. I have a camera but it is packed away in storage (10 hours away) after the downsize move to here. I'll add that to my list of things to get on the next trip there.

For now I'll add it to the list as a 10k and put it into the Treasure Chest to go to scrap on the next visit to the US.

If you have a ring sizer then check to see if it is a 10. I have found rings with marks inside with no K stamp. Turned out to be a size stamp. If it is not a 10 then best guess is 10K.

Back
Top Bottom