A Gold For Me Today

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
After Thanksgiving Day's rescue for the tourist on Miami Beach I was hungry for some yellow to keep. I decided to go to my beach today to work the 1:30 pm low tide. I was in the water hunting by 11:30 am. I saw some near shore erosion that I worked for a bit and then went back out a bit offshore. The targets weren't there so I headed inshore and found some more nice erosion in a big scalloped area of the beach that I rarely hunt. I decided to hit that area hard. The crusty "me" pennies kept coming along with some crusties of the other coins. It was somewhere during that time that I looked in the scoop and saw the nice yellow. :dingding: I was pretty sure it was going to be good, and probably 10K, but I wasn't certain as I didn't discern any markings. (Who make a junk ring in a weird name anyway?) After 4 hours of hunting I headed home to catch the end of the Dolphins game and was glad to see them win! :cheer: When I get home I clean the ring a bit and sand the back of the band. So far so good. I give it the acid test 10K holds...14K holds...18K doesn't. I weigh it and it's 5.3 grs. so it was a nice keeper.:good:

Attachments

• 11-27-16.jpg
    11-27-16.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 532
  • 11-27-16 Ring.jpg
    11-27-16 Ring.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 520
  • 11-27-16 Ring Fits.jpg
    11-27-16 Ring Fits.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:
A quick search shows that's the name of beer and also a town in Louisiana.

Very nice rescue. 5.3 grams of 14k is pretty awesome. Congrats, I love how everything you find just fits.

I've had a pretty good couple of weeks but was skunked on Sunday. So seeing you have this success was encouraging.

Great find and way to go on finding that scalloped out area! Thats a lot of targets in there..."gotta be a pony in here someplace!":laughing:
Mud

Back
Top Bottom