Keith Southern reviews the F44

That's very interesting, and makes me even more antsy for mine to get here... I think before I do anything else with it, I'll take it back over my "hunted to death" permission sites and see if it will snoop out something I missed with the F2.

The ability to assign tones to different targets sounds really great to me, I can't wait to try having coins (except zinc pennies) all one tone and see how that does, I'm pretty excited about this thing...

The sound I want to hear is the UPS man hitting the door bell. All we hear now is snores from Fisher's shipping. Once that happens I can figure out the rest.:D

I work at UPS.
Haven't seen one move through the system here yet.
Don't want to unless it is one being delivered to me.

:lol: Now what kind of attitude is that... :laughing:

Last I heard they were supposed to start shipping by the end of next week at the latest, if I got that right. Sure wish they'd light a fire under it though...

They are delayed until June 2nd. I preordered one, but was told by a Fisher employee that they are delaying shipment until June 2nd to make an adjustment to the weatherproofing. They have shipped 100 out for reviews and marketing, but the main shipments won't come for a couple more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are delayed until June 2nd. I preordered one, but was told by a Fisher employee that they are delaying shipment until June 2nd to make an adjustment to the weatherproofing. They have shipped 100 out for reviews and marketing, but the main shipments won't come for a couple more weeks.

:pullhair: Gaaaaa!

I read that the sealing system was great originally, definitely weatherproof and there was that 5 hour 2' dunking test it already passed.
However the new seal system supposedly goes way beyond even Fishers wildest dreams.
They will probably never use the term waterproof for legal reasons and to prevent future problems and misunderstandings, but if this is all true the confidence I think I will have hunting with this thing in shallow water just doubled.
I know it is frustrating but something like this is probably worth the wait.

I read that the sealing system was great originally, definitely weatherproof and there was that 5 hour 2' dunking test it already passed.
However the new seal system supposedly goes way beyond even Fishers wildest dreams.
They will probably never use the term waterproof for legal reasons and to prevent future problems and misunderstandings, but if this is all true the confidence I think I will have hunting with this thing in shallow water just doubled.
I know it is frustrating but something like this is probably worth the wait.

Patience is a virtue or so I have heard... unfortunately it isn't a virtue that I possess... :lol: But yes, I think it's worth the wait, just antsy to get my paws on the thing!

:lol: Now what kind of attitude is that... :laughing:

LOL!

Hey, i am a nice guy and I don't mind competition.
Most of my tot lots around here seem extra clean and I know others hunt my parks and that is fine because there still seems to be plenty of targets around here still.
One thing I am glad of is nobody seems to use a Compadre in tot lots because where I find most targets that are left are extremely near the big iron legs on the equipment where only the Compadre can see.
This new one seems to have too many features and abilities for a detector at this price.
Competition is ok...but competition using magical tools is just darned unfair! :lol:

LOL!

Most of my tot lots around here seem extra clean and I know others hunt my parks and that is fine because there still seems to be plenty of targets around here still.
One thing I am glad of is nobody seems to use a Compadre in tot lots because where I find most targets that are left are extremely near the big iron legs on the equipment where only the Compadre can see.
This new one seems to have too many features and abilities for a detector at this price.
Competition is ok...but competition using magical tools is just darned unfair! :lol:

:lol::lol: I have to use every advantage since my skill level is wayyyyy below yours! But I'll probably stay out of your hunting grounds since it's quite a bit farther than I usually travel to hunt. My local competition better watch out though! :shock: :lol:

LOL!

Will you be picking one up, Digger? I bought my F2 due to your very helpful threads. If you're swinging the F44 like me, I'm sure it will be much easier for me to learn!

This information is not correct.

Will you be picking one up, Digger? I bought my F2 due to your very helpful threads. If you're swinging the F44 like me, I'm sure it will be much easier for me to learn!

Not right away, in a couple of months.
We have a major move back to Bama I have to deal with first, then after we settle in there are a couple of lakes I have hunted the sand and land around the water but never too far into the water.
This will change that.
It might be nice to hang out in the water on really hot days when the temp is 100, the humidity is 102% and drought has made land hunting almost impossible because the heavy clay filled soil has turned into a concrete like substance.
Also rainy days won't be an issue anymore.

After I get one I will probably write a couple words about it. :D

So we're still looking at the 10 day window from what, this past Monday? That's better than in June anyway...
shipping to dealers and distro next week yes. with the holiday I doubt that means in end users hands. We will just have to see. The mid June delay is for new graphics boxes. Units are built. No weatherproof issues or delays there. Yours will come in the standard Fisher brown box so you still get yours on first shipment. So there is a 1 week delay as originally they said they would ship to distro and dealers this week. This is at least what dealers have been told.

shipping to dealers and distro next week yes. with the holiday I doubt that means in end users hands. We will just have to see. The mid June delay is for new graphics boxes. Units are built. No weatherproof issues or delays there. Yours will come in the standard Fisher brown box so you still get yours on first shipment. So there is a 1 week delay as originally they said they would ship to distro and dealers this week. This is at least what dealers have been told.

Awesome, thanks for clearing up the confusion for us.

Back
Top Bottom