Whites answer to F11,22,44 and Minelab GF series

bowwinkles

Elite Member
Coming the Treasure Master and Treasure Master Pro 7.812 Khz. pro with 8 tones and Treasure master with 4 tones. $299 and $399.:shock:

Yea, they look like more of a competition model for the ace series actually. No vdi numbers, just 8 & 16 category segment id. Wish they would have the vdi numbers because otherwise they look pretty nice with some great features.

Serious hunters aren't looking for low and mid range junk no matter who makes it...

Being affluent is the base requirement for becoming a serious hunter? We all would like to have the top of the line equipment but not everyone can afford it. I would still call them serious even if they are brand loyal. Most buy what they can afford. Somewhere in this conversation the word "hobby" maybe should apply.

Not sure where the link went to the specs but this machine looks like a Coinmaster GT for under $300 with a DD and running on 2AA (maybe a pimped out TRX engine) for weight of 3lbs. Features I remember were VOC, 9 tones, Tracking, All Metal with threshold, kind of blows out the competition at the price point and lets face it, the Coinmaster and coinmaster pro currently SUCK. So sell 1 $1200 machine or a dozen $300 machines. They did the right thing I think their entry level stuff needed a bump.
That said, a break through in performance not Fluff at the high end would have been a good thing as well...

Shame they stopped short, VDI would have really been a selling point

Serious hunters aren't looking for low and mid range junk no matter who makes it...

There are many hobbies that have a certain brand name that many people recognize and want.. But cant afford.. So the brand gets smart and makes something everyone can afford...

Perfect example would be the Fender Squire guitar. Its still a Fender in the eyes of a lot of happy campers!!

<*)))>{

Anyone else see a pattern here?

Minelab: Go Find 20, Go Find 40, Go Find 60.
Whites: Coinmaster, Coinmaster Pro, Coinmaster GT.
Fisher: F11, F22, F44.

Anyone else see a pattern here?

Minelab: Go Find 20 Go Find 40 Go Find 60
Whites: Coinmaster Coinmaster Pro Coinmaster GT
Fisher: F11 F22 F44

Yes, the pattern is very consistent, no commas anywhere..

Just messing with ya...

<°)))>{

Yea, but the fishers at least have vdi numbers. I really don't understand why manufacturers are still producing detectors with mid range prices without vdi. It gives so much more info than just a category segment. I have never owned a whites machine but if these new detectors would have vdi i might have popped on one to try it out.

Yea, but the fishers at least have vdi numbers. I really don't understand why manufacturers are still producing detectors with mid range prices without vdi. It gives so much more info than just a category segment. I have never owned a whites machine but if these new detectors would have vdi i might have popped on one to try it out.

True, but with even the ACE 250, you can tell the difference between zinc pennies/twist offs, dimes/copper pennies, and quarters usually..

The Go Find has.. Coin :lol:

<°)))>{

Don't we usually create categories in our heads, with ranges of VDI numbers, for different target types? Seems like these mental categories don't change much either, once learned and shared on the forums. And gee whiz, computers perform that particular task very well, and don't get confused as much either... Who's detector is 100% accurate with target ID, every time, every location? Multiple tones are still computer sorted categories, about as accurate as the TDI numbers. I don't believe there is a detector yet, that can actually test the composition of targets. The machine guesses, we guess, but can never be certain, unless we actually dig the thing up.

Computers are getting pretty quick, smart, and tiny these days, why not let them do repetitive tasks, which they are very good at, consistant, usually more accurately as well. Leaves us with much less stuff to learn, or re-learn, if we change models or brands. Just because a machine doesn't cost thousands, and take months to master, doesn't mean it's useless. Doesn't mean it's dumbed-down, for mental defectives. Simply means that they are using the technology, to bring an enjoyable hobby experience to more people. Some people have more fun figuring out how to use a new tool, than actually using it, and can't wait for the next overly complex model to hit the market. Most people just want to get out and use the tool, with little to none, learning or hassles.

Looks like TID to me

Attachments

• treasure master.jpg
    treasure master.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 804
Don't we usually create categories in our heads, with ranges of VDI numbers, for different target types? Seems like these mental categories don't change much either, once learned and shared on the forums. And gee whiz, computers perform that particular task very well, and don't get confused as much either... Who's detector is 100% accurate with target ID, every time, every location? Multiple tones are still computer sorted categories, about as accurate as the TDI numbers. I don't believe there is a detector yet, that can actually test the composition of targets. The machine guesses, we guess, but can never be certain, unless we actually dig the thing up.

Computers are getting pretty quick, smart, and tiny these days, why not let them do repetitive tasks, which they are very good at, consistant, usually more accurately as well. Leaves us with much less stuff to learn, or re-learn, if we change models or brands. Just because a machine doesn't cost thousands, and take months to master, doesn't mean it's useless. Doesn't mean it's dumbed-down, for mental defectives. Simply means that they are using the technology, to bring an enjoyable hobby experience to more people. Some people have more fun figuring out how to use a new tool, than actually using it, and can't wait for the next overly complex model to hit the market. Most people just want to get out and use the tool, with little to none, learning or hassles.

But its really, really, simple is it says COIN. Period..

I hope some folks around here get them and finally start cleaning up all the screw caps and zinc pennies around my parks...

<°)))>{

Whites are also showing that it has a water resistant display. This is a big plus if it can be used in the rain.

Soooo, if TID is so perfect why do we need tones? Just think no headphones to drag along and everyone can just post about in-accurate id

Soooo, if TID is so perfect why do we need tones? Just think no headphones to drag along and everyone can just post about in-accurate id

Just think - Turkey has released two machines recently whereas you can leave your headphones behind and still get a buzz finding stuff without tones.....

Also I dont think anyone thinks TDI's are perfect, they are simply another tool one can use in determining a target before making a decision to dig or not -

Back
Top Bottom