spectra1 sponsored hunt

Spectra1

Elite Member
Hey guys and gals, I'm thinking of organizing a hunt here in SC. The area will be outside of Charlston SC, I know there was a lot of Confederate Troops on property early in the War and Yankees occupied it late in the war. They launch campaigns to James Island, Succesionville, Charlston and and the like from here. Items found have been 100 pound navel frags, a few plates( on adjacent properties) all kinds of era bullets, SC/NC andYankee buttons, Cw period and colonial coins, j hooks, slave tags and other goodies. The field in mind is a new permission but prospects look good. There are areas that are nice sandy sc soil and areas with saltwater interference. Clean and trashy areas. You'll have to work hard but there are some goodies in there. There are no sure bets that you will be lucky or unlucky that's just how the hobby is. I will do some hunting but mostly be cooking and assisting.

Water and lunch will be provided and hunt will be for 8 hours. Fees will cover property persnision/ access to property. I will buy lunch and waters out of pocket. I WILL NOT MAKE ANYTHING from the event. There may be a raffle for a entry level Garrett going to wounded warrior.
The fee will be $100 a head per detector. Teams will be aloud( ie father son/ spouse) but only one detector per team. Most hunts do not allow this but I have decided to try. Waivers will be required for all people on property. Payment will be required to secure slot.
Any interest please let me know. Looking at 1st or 2nd week of June. Hunt will be limited to low number of hunters due to just me organizing through a trusted friend. Thanks for the support.

Joe

Hunt

I suffer from TBI and is there a,, stupid question discount if you are disabled and have a friend to help you. Never been in a group hunt and how far is this hunt from myrtle beach. This sounds so neat.

I suffer from TBI and is there a,, stupid question discount if you are disabled and have a friend to help you. Never been in a group hunt and how far is this hunt from myrtle beach. This sounds so neat.

I'm sure we could accommodate. It's atleast 3 1/2 hours from myrtle.

Sounds like fun! One day only? What day of the week? Let me know as soon as you have dates lined up and I'll put in for the time off :D

Ok seems like some intrest here ... Awesome! Some members made some suggestions. I'm gonna see if we can turn it into a two day event.

I'm gonna postpone until fall. Just went down to site and chiggers were so bad already. Also going to secure a full weekend to make it worth you Virginia Boys trip. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom