I need any help you can provide on my f75

castletonking

I have had a great season last year with my fisher f75,i love it!! but,I went to use it today and it chatters relentlessly,in the air on the ground,no targets around and when there are known targets,it doesn't pick up on them at all.I removed the coil.same issue,plugged it back in checked connection,no difference. I replaced the batteries...no difference.I factory reset it,i got a 7.7 w/e that is,and after the rest it went quiet all right,but wouldn't pick up any signal,till I fiddled wit the settings and again we were back to the relentless chatter. I did not have my phone on me and i'm not around any wires or power sources out side.I put ther detector away in the fall with the same settings that I always use so it had not been touched all winter..I'm at a total loss as to what could have gone wrong..any ideas?

Page10.....

RESET function
The
F75’s
microprocessor saves all settings which you input, even after the power is
turned off.
If you wish to reset the settings to the factory preset, follow this process:
1. Turn detector off.
2. Press-and-hold the red MENU button and
push-forward-and-hold the TOGGLE SWITCH.
3. Turn the detector on, while you are still holding the controls.
4. Release the MENU button and TOGGLE SWITCH.
5. See the F symbol. When the F disappears, the detector is reset.

Here's the link to the manual.....

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/F75Manual%28READER%29-HR.pdf

Page10.....

RESET function
The
F75’s
microprocessor saves all settings which you input, even after the power is
turned off.
If you wish to reset the settings to the factory preset, follow this process:
1. Turn detector off.
2. Press-and-hold the red MENU button and
push-forward-and-hold the TOGGLE SWITCH.
3. Turn the detector on, while you are still holding the controls.
4. Release the MENU button and TOGGLE SWITCH.
5. See the F symbol. When the F disappears, the detector is reset.

Here's the link to the manual.....

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/F75Manual%28READER%29-HR.pdf
I just did that procedure..i got the F..however it still is giving random crazy chirping signals and won't pick up any known targets (previous finds..coins,iron pieces etc.)

I just did that procedure..i got the F..however it still is giving random crazy chirping signals and won't pick up any known targets (previous finds..coins,iron pieces etc.)

Have you tried changing frequencies?

To shift frequencies:

1. Hold the MENU button down. Do not release the button.
2. Push the trigger forward OR pull the trigger back to change the frequency.
Each frequency change requires a push of the MENU button.
Each actuation will shift the frequency by one value.
The LCD will display the frequency, from F1 to F7.
F1 is the lowest frequency. And the default
frequency.

The F75 does not retain changes in the frequency setting, when powered off.

I would try taking it to another area. If there's some interference that's started by you, it might be impossible to find a good frequency there. I'd take it to a park or something where you had no trouble before. Just a thought.

I have 10 acres,plus my neighbors 10 acres,i've been all over it today...nothing works..reset it multiple times,reset frequencies,tried all diff areas,switched batteries..idk what to do.i guess my detecting days are coming to an end,as I cannot afford to send to fisher for repair. I bought it brand new,however I bought it online from a person in florida,who received it as a gift.so even though its a year old theres no warrantee :(

Is your machine just a F75, not an updated LTD2 machine??? Do you have a small coil for your F75??? If so put it on and see what your detector does.

resetting electronics

On my whites machines resetting is the same as a computer or even a tv remote.
Remove the power source, (batteries) push any button for a few seconds.
Reinsert the batteries and see if it makes a difference. Odds are you have a bad coil. Check it for a crack. maybe moisture got inside. Those fields must be wet
still.

On my whites machines resetting is the same as a computer or even a tv remote.
Remove the power source, (batteries) push any button for a few seconds.
Reinsert the batteries and see if it makes a difference. Odds are you have a bad coil. Check it for a crack. maybe moisture got inside. Those fields must be wet
still.
it does the same thing even without the coil attached.

Is your machine just a F75, not an updated LTD2 machine??? Do you have a small coil for your F75??? If so put it on and see what your detector does.
I only have the coil it came with,and it does the same thing even when the coil is not attached,it signals like mad,even with the coil unplugged

to make things easier for you guys,when the coil is removed,the head unit still signals all over the place..no rhyme or reason.

Back
Top Bottom