1915 Barber Dime now a ring

amiebj

Dug this up from my favorite ballfield about 8 inches down. Looks like someone took a 1915 barber dime and made this great looking ring. Totally changed the face to a womans face butI like it.

Attachments

• ring 001.jpg
    ring 001.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,014
  • ring 002.jpg
    ring 002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 953
  • ring 004.jpg
    ring 004.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 880
  • ring 003.jpg
    ring 003.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 950
That's the coolest thing I have seen!

How on earth did they get the guy on the barber dime to look like a woman?? Crazy!

That is definitely one of the cooler things I have seen on here!

Actually, I think the face on the Barber coins is a women. She's just not very attractive. : ) You coin is VERY cool, and she's pretty too! : )

Pretty rare find. I think those are known as "pop out" coins. Do a search and see what turns up. I think they could be very collectible. There's a number of them on Fleebay

Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

This is what I found from Wikipedia about Barber coins.

Single U.S. Coins > Quarters > Barber/Liberty Head Silver Quarters : 1892-1916
Barber/Liberty Head Silver Quarters 1892-1916
Barber/Liberty Head Silver Quarters
1892-1916

The Barber Quarter (also referred to as the Liberty Head Quarter) began minting in 1892. Designed by Charles E. Barber, the obverse features a bust of Liberty, similar in style to the Morgan Silver Dollar, wearing a liberty cap with a laurel wreath, and a ribbon that ties her hair at the back of her neck. The words “In God We Trust” appear above her head, with the date found below. Six stars on the left and seven stars on the right represent the original thirteen colonies. The designer’s initial “B” can be found at the base of Liberty’s neck.

The reverse imitates the Great Seal of the United States and depicts an eagle with outstretched wings, holding an olive branch with thirteen leaves in its right claw and a bundle of thirteen arrows in its left. There is a ribbon with the motto “E Pluribus Unum” (Out of Many, One) being held in the eagle’s beak and thirteen stars in the field.

Composition: 90% Silver, 10% Copper

that is such a wild find! it's crazy how they get the head to be three dimensional?!

Last edited:
That thing is awesome! I would consider bringing to a jeweler and having it turned back into a ring.

Back
Top Bottom